LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Who ?

A long way to go with the combine and all but Seeing this team play and looking like they will have the 1st overall pick as of now and Reading all these mocks and everyones opinions on players I'm wondering who niner fans would take sooo.....

With the number 1 overall pick in the 2018 NFL DRAFT the San Francisco 49ers select...?

Saquon Barkley ? He's the most talented easily but take RB 1st overall ?

1 of Rosen or Darnold who in my eyes have not shown much ?

Best CB ? Fitzpatrick ?

Is there a pass rusher worth the 1st pick ?

No WRs right ?

DT not needed or I'd say Christian Wilkins a possibility..

WHO ?
Rosen or they're morons.

Unfortunately, I don't see the Flush-It-Downs winning a game, so they'll likely get the #2 pick again.
Way too early to speculate. Let's revisit this thread after free agency in April.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Way too early to speculate. Let's revisit this thread after free agency in April.

As of now tho, who would be your pick ?
Rosen unless we sign Cousins or Jimmy G. Then you trade down
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Not sure, but I know I wouldn't feel confident using the first overall pick on any of these quarterbacks.

There's only one player in this draft that merits that pick, and his name is Saquon Barkley.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 22, 2017 at 9:17 PM ]
Qb or a pass rusher
[ Edited by DickNasty on Oct 22, 2017 at 9:16 PM ]

Not sure, but I know I wouldn't feel confident using the first overall pick on any of these quarterbacks.

There's only one player in this draft that merits that pick, and his name is Saquon Barkley.

Couldn't agree anymore in all honesty..

Couldn't agree anymore in all honesty..

There's always the Ki-jana Carter factor? Remember him?
QB or edge rusher most likely.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
QB or edge rusher most likely.

Which QB or Edge rusher ?
If C.J beathard continues to flash, or we sign Kirk Cousins in FA, and Hyde is extended, trade down for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

If the above holds true but no Hyde, Saquon Barkley.

If no QB, Rossen
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Can't speak for Heroism, but as of right now it would Barkley for me regardless of who is at QB. I use to want Ridley or T. McFadden but it's Barkley without a doubt.
Rosen is going #1 - to the Browns
Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan
Minkah Fitzpatrick FS Alabama
Harold Landry DE Boston College
Quentin Nelson G Notre Dame
Josh Allen QB Wyoming
Derwin James S Florida
Bradley Chubb DE NC State
Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
Courtland Sutton WR MSU
Billy Price G Ohio State
Connor Williams OT Texas
Arden Key DE LSU
Roquan Smith OLB Georgia
Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M
Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson
Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma

I would put it in that order, for now
I'd go with Barkley and over Rosen too. I know Rosen has the best tools of the QB's but I don't trust him as a sure thing.
Shoot there never is a sure thing in football, but I don't think Rosen could come in and start. Not right away. Well for starters I'd think his confidence would take a massive beating.
He needs to really work on his reads. He stares his receivers down way too much and too often. He does not play well on the road. Is this because of his subpar supporting cast? Or is it his previous injuries? I don't know.
He sure can throw a beautiful ball and he's more polished than the other QB's in this draft. A lot of his throws in college he can get away with but not at the next level. It almost seems as if though the college game is too easy for him and he gets bored at times. Just like with Goff. Maybe he's ready for the next level and is playing it safe. I think if the browns have the #1 pick they would take him.
Is he a game changer? I don't think so. Not yet. I think he would need to sit for a year at least if he was drafted by us.

What if we are zeroed in on Cousins? The FA will really set the tone for the draft.
If we do land Cousins then I don't see us drafting Rosen.

Barkley is a game changer. He has such a powerful lower body it's unfair for tacklers. Combine his hands, speed , pass blocking awareness and you have the complete package.
He's so versatile. He can line up in the slot or outside. Runs nice routes and has great hands. How he stops on a dime and cut backs with speed of a gazelle is freakish. Haven't seen that since AP and LT in college.
Barkley is killing it and doing so behind a so so O-line. You put him behind a line like Notre Dame or Stanford and he'd Have way more yards, but he fills up the stat sheet each week.
Share 49ersWebzone