LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Will Hernandez, LG, UTEP, 6'3 330 Lbs

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
You're in El Paso? So am I... I pushed to draft Aaron Jones but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes I am. I was rooting for us to get him as well
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
I like the look of this guy a lot! Big body. Never gets pushed back. Seems very quick to react and adjust who he's blocking or throw a chip block on a double team...

Question though: Is it normal for a guy to grab jersey as much as he does (pretty much every play)? He keeps his hands inside the shoulders so it never looks like holding. But he takes a fistful of jersey every play like it's his plan. Will he get called for that?

Not if he moves his feet with the rusher.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Moves really good and efficiently. Doesn't waste motion and strong at the point of attack. Not really a mauler like Nelson but a good option in day 2 for us. Great footwork in his pass set. There's a couple of technical things he can work on but that where his potential comes in. Watch if he gets coached up right and starts trying to attack a little lower. I like this guy over Billy Price of Ohio State
Height: 6-3 Weight: 330

Price is a C doe.
He played guard against Michigan and was all over the place
UTEP's Hernandez has shot at long NFL career, 'proof that a rose can grow in the desert'
http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sports/2017/11/23/uteps-hernandez-has-shot-long-nfl-career-proof-rose-can-grow-desert/890864001/

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 13, 2018 at 5:28 AM ]
[ Edited by JimmyJesus on Jan 16, 2018 at 8:48 PM ]
6-2 340 LBs....that doesn't sound like a zone blocking OG to me.
Big fat fooker.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Big fat fooker.

he will move well for 340, just not well enough to play in our scheme.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The Big Enchelada's comin to town !!!!
Mayock called it he's like richie incognito with an extra 20lbs

Having a good pratice no doubt
Not a fit though. He would get the josh Garnett treatment if he were to get drafted by us
Lol this guy is awesome. So freaken powerful. He would be amazing in Harbaugh's scheme.
Dude is a bull 👀 killing it in drills
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 24, 2018 at 12:19 PM ]
"Moving inside, the best guard coming into this week was UTEP's Will Hernandez, and he put his power on display. Weighing in at 340 pounds, Hernandez has a framed completely maximized. He gave up zero inches all day and pushed back any defender lined up across from him. He was the one guy who got audible "wows" from scouts and fans alike, including myself."
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/24/16926278/2018-senior-bowl-bengals-bill-lazor-teryl-austin-practice-offensive-line

I'll post this here as well.
Share 49ersWebzone