LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Frank Ragnow, C/G Arkansas 6'5 315 Lbs

Ragnow is my fav C by far, if the niners go G in free agency and added Ragnow in the 2nd with the saints pick bc I don't see him getting out of the 2nd the O-Line would be upgraded huge with Ragnow and say Norwell..
Love this guy. If we draft him I think he will outplay Kilgore from the beginning and take his job.

Almost put him in my mock with pick 59 or 70/74, but chose Bozeman in the 5th to allow for talent acquisition at RB and DE in the 3rd round.
Wouldn't be suprised if doesn't make it to our 2nd rd pick.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Very possible. While I like other players for 59, 70/74, I would not be mad at all if he was one of them and was the choice of Shanalynch.

But with them signing Kilgore, not sure if they will pick a C as high now unless clearly BPA.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Curious who are the top 3 ranked centers for the upcoming draft?

For me, they are Ragnow, Daniels and I. Wynn. Not as high on Price as many others, even though I live in the backyard in Columbus. Too inconsistent
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Very possible. While I like other players for 59, 70/74, I would not be mad at all if he was one of them and was the choice of Shanalynch.

But with them signing Kilgore, not sure if they will pick a C as high now unless clearly BPA.

Kilgore's contract isn't prohibitive. If they draft Ragnow and he's not ready in year one they have Kilgore, and if he is ready they can slot Kilgore over to guard or interior utility backup (in college he was utility backup for all five line spots before settling in as a guard his senior year — iirc the 9ers converted him to be a backup guard/center combo because they needed a backup to Goodwin at C).
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Kilgore's contract isn't prohibitive. If they draft Ragnow and he's not ready in year one they have Kilgore, and if he is ready they can slot Kilgore over to guard or interior utility backup (in college he was utility backup for all five line spots before settling in as a guard his senior year — iirc the 9ers converted him to be a backup guard/center combo because they needed a backup to Goodwin at C).

Exactly my thoughts, I think he doesn't makes it to 70 tho,I kno he was injured at the end of the year but is he participated in the combine ?
[ Edited by jersey49er on Feb 18, 2018 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Ragnow is my fav C by far, if the niners go G in free agency and added Ragnow in the 2nd with the saints pick bc I don't see him getting out of the 2nd the O-Line would be upgraded huge with Ragnow and say Norwell..

I like your way of thinking.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

I would love for Ragnow to get drafted as he is a huge upgrade from Kilgore and will take his job sooner rather than later imo.

Get a starting LG in FA as well and the line is solid.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
For me, they are Ragnow, Daniels and I. Wynn. Not as high on Price as many others, even though I live in the backyard in Columbus. Too inconsistent

Centers always fall. One of Daniels or Ragnow will fall to us in the 3rd..

I like Ragnow. He is tough as nails and had the attitude you want from a center but I think he lacks the athletesism and foot quickness to be a guard in our scheme. He reminds me of Brandon Fusco.

James Daniels is the guy I want. He would be an ideal guard with his athletesism and movement skills and a Pro Bowl center down the road. I think he is perfect for a zone scheme which may help him drop to us at 59. But if we really want him we may have to move up a bit probably ahead of Baltimore at 52 and Buffalo at 53 and 56.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 19, 2018 at 8:54 AM ]
Good player, no doubt. But, I'd opt for Isiaih Wynn, who played OT, OG and C for GA. In the NFL, he translates to an OG and/or C. He's uber-athletic, strong and plays with a nasty streak within the rules. FWIW, NFL.com draft profile scores are 6.1 for Wynn and 5.7 for Ragnow.
Ragnow is my favorite center in this draft class, and by a wide margin. Great football intelligence, solid movement skills, a nasty streak that runs through the whistle. Better center than guard, where he played in his sophomore year and part of his senior year. Honestly, one of the most fun players to watch in the draft. Embarrasses a lot of players on the field. First round grade. Top 25 player for me in this draft.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Ragnow is my favorite center in this draft class, and by a wide margin. Great football intelligence, solid movement skills, a nasty streak that runs through the whistle. Better center than guard, where he played in his sophomore year and part of his senior year. Honestly, one of the most fun players to watch in the draft. Embarrasses a lot of players on the field. First round grade. Top 25 player for me in this draft.

f**king A.
Originally posted by fropwns:

f**king A.

We need another 2nd
Share 49ersWebzone