LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Frank Ragnow, C/G Arkansas 6'5 315 Lbs

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Yessir. God i really hope we can do another mini trade down and get some picks. Another 2nd would be dope Heck id settle for another 3/4 and maybe a 2nd in 2019 or somen haha.

Good news is that there's going to be some highly touted QB's to come out. So they should have a trade partner if they have a top two pick. A trade down would benefit this team tremendously.

Definitely. A Rams type of trade down would be a dream.
Curious who are the top 3 ranked centers for the upcoming draft?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Curious who are the top 3 ranked centers for the upcoming draft?

Billy Price of Ohio State and Ragnow. After that it is largely a tossup. This is a great guard class, pretty weak center class but you expect that there will be more than a few guards being moved over to center. I think Mason Cole of Michigan could become a pretty good NFL center in time.
CENTER is where we need him. Guard spots are covered with Garnett coming back and with what we have. I'd draft this kid and pick up Sweinke in FA, and cover C/G position for next 7-8 years..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If 49ers drafted Ragnow or any rookie Center, he would either sit or be moved to guard. Shanahan likes his Centers to be veterans.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
CENTER is where we need him. Guard spots are covered with Garnett coming back and with what we have.

I'd draft this kid and pick up Sweinke in FA, and cover C/G position for next 7-8 years..

Originally posted by Kolohe:
If 49ers drafted Ragnow or any rookie Center, he would either sit or be moved to guard. Shanahan likes his Centers to be veterans.

I keep thinking the same as far as veteran C. Maybe a g/c in mid rounds.
While I'm normally against allocating high draft picks for interior linemen, this guy might be the best center prospect I've ever seen. He did 38 reps of 225 at the Arkansas weight lifting competition and I'm guessing he'll be doing 40 or so at the combine. He's also an excellent athlete who can pull.

If he stays healthy, this guy's a 10-time Pro Bowl type.
Originally posted by darockzillahitman:
While I'm normally against allocating high draft picks for interior linemen, this guy might be the best center prospect I've ever seen. He did 38 reps of 225 at the Arkansas weight lifting competition and I'm guessing he'll be doing 40 or so at the combine. He's also an excellent athlete who can pull.

if the 49ers picked up nelson and this dude, I wouldn't complain. I am FIRMLY against picking up interior lineman high in the draft but these two beefcakes are stud muffins.
Originally posted by darockzillahitman:

if the 49ers picked up nelson and this dude, I wouldn't complain. I am FIRMLY against picking up interior lineman high in the draft but these two beefcakes are stud muffins.

Man sounds strong like a bull.

I want Ragnow bad, hoping he's around for one of our 3rd round picks but it would be a gamble. I'm still hoping we sign Norwell and Jensen in FA to fill out G and C spots but Ragnow would compete with Garnett and provide terrific depth at G/C.

I would be ecstatic with Braden Smith+Ragnow if they could somehow pull that off.

Or Ragnow+Teller.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I would be ecstatic with Braden Smith+Ragnow if they could somehow pull that off.

Or Ragnow+Teller.

I keep thinking about a combo like this thanks to yall. That could be both our third rounders. Pass rusher and CB/LB with first two picks.
This my dream scenario. Take Landry in the 1st, package AA with next year's 1st and this year's 6th to trade back in to the 1st for Nelson, Anthony Miller in the 2nd, Ragnow in the 3rd(Bears pick) and Auden Tate with our second 3rd Rd pick. Pick up a veteran C andCB in FA maybe Jensen or Richburg on a 3yr deal for Ragnow to learn behind and T.Johnson or Butler to pair with Witherspoon on the outside with Williams manning the inside.

FA:
EDGE-Ansah/Clayborn
C-Jensen/Richburg
CB-Johnson/Butler
WR-Robinson/Watkins

DRAFT:
EDGE-Landry
OG-Nelson
WR-Miller
C/G-Ragnow
WR-Tate
CB-Hughes
Your dream will never come true haha that's putting a late teen to early 20s 1st round grade on AA
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 29, 2017 at 6:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone