LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

saw a youtube clip of him vs. miss. state. damn this guy flys to the ball and knows how to tackle fundamentally. Would love him and foster to be together on the field.
Watching this kid vs Georgia Tech and the option and he's causing havoc on every play, nothing this kid can't do at LB, I think he's going top 10..
Wowowow.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Wowowow.

Wow
Baby P-Willy
Question. If he was coming out last year who would have been rated higher- him or Foster? Sounds to me he will be a top5 caliber pick. I know it's not as sexy as a qb (we don't need! Feels so good to type that lol) rb, wr etc But I'd be happy with it.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Question. If he was coming out last year who would have been rated higher- him or Foster?

I'd give Roquan the edge because he's very technically sound and doesn't play recklessly like Reuben. Reuben's style of play is not conducive to a long career. I'd lose my s**t if we drafted Roquan. Double R - Roquan and Reuben.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 25, 2017 at 1:13 PM ]
Question. If he was coming out last year who would have been rated higher- him or Foster? Sounds to me he will be a top5 caliber pick. I know it's not as sexy as a qb (we don't need! Feels so good to type that lol) rb, wr etc But I'd be happy with it.

I'm not sure he's top 5, he hasn't been great at taking on blockers, and Luke Kuechly even lasted until 9!
That said I agree he is slightly higher rated than Foster due to assignments and fundamentals, they would be one hell of a tandem that's for sure. Taylor made for our 1 gap defence
Thanks guys - always love the input. If we traded down once or twice and drafted him it would be dynamite.

Really hope we find a trade partner. To me it's draft barkley or trade down and draft a smith, Ridley, o-line etc. Either way I'll be happy and we have plenty of options, but I admit I'd love to pair him and Foster.
Imo, foster was a better prospect based solely on size. Not at all disappointed if we put Roquan next to him though. Watch out for Rashaan Evans as well.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
GUYS.... LADIESSS..

WE CAN NOT PASS ON THIS GUY THE WAY WE DID WITH RUEBEN... WE GOT LUCKY WITH RUEBEN FOR SURE...

TRADE DOWN OR NOT, HE MUST BE OUR FIRST PICK !!!

RUEBEN MAY PLAY FASTER, BUT THIS HAS BETTER INSTINCT..
9moon has spoken.

It must come to pass.

Well Foster was top 3 overall on our board we know that. Personally, I think Foster would be rated higher based on field only. That said, I love Roquan and would love to get him and see those two play together
In all honesty, it might be possible for us to get him if we wanted too. This guy isn't the unanimous top LB on rankings I've seen so far. He's going 1st round though and I don't think we will take him in a trade down scenario nor a trade back into the 1st scenario
Originally posted by 49ers808:
In all honesty, it might be possible for us to get him if we wanted too. This guy isn't the unanimous top LB on rankings I've seen so far. He's going 1st round though and I don't think we will take him in a trade down scenario nor a trade back into the 1st scenario

Raiders might be his floor in the 8-12 range. Fit meets BPA
Share 49ersWebzone