LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

ILB Prospects

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Josey Jewell...just like Zach Thomas, he's been told he's not big enough, fast enough, etc. All he does is make plays...great nose for the ball and very consistent. Another very good player from that Iowa defense.

We all love Josey in here, but the 49ers want fast LBs. We'll see shortly if they're willing to be flexible with their philosophy.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Josey Jewell...just like Zach Thomas, he's been told he's not big enough, fast enough, etc. All he does is make plays...great nose for the ball and very consistent. Another very good player from that Iowa defense.

We all love Josey in here, but the 49ers want fast LBs. We'll see shortly if they're willing to be flexible with their philosophy.

Even if hes only a great base player that's not solid value say in the 4th?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 23, 2018 at 1:03 AM ]
Bobby Wagner aka the best LB in the NFL.

I also comped Edmunds to De'Vondre Campbell after the first time I sat down to watch his tape. Don't see that comp often used for him.

I like Darius Leonard, but I don't know if he's ready to play out of the box. I read another analysis of his tape, and they saw the same thing I saw: s**tty tackling. His tackling technique is bad and could get him hurt in the NFL. He also needs to play more on his toes and off his heels.

The Edmunds/Campbell comps are apt, especially with us running nearly the same system.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Sounds like 49ers may be flexible with their player profiles. Josey in the mix? 👀👀

Sounds like 49ers may be flexible with their player profiles. Josey in the mix? 👀👀

On the measurables side, his 3-cone does look good.
Originally posted by zonkers:

I'd be super happy with a combo of Landry, Baker/Warner and Jewell.

We'd cover 3 very nice bases. Re-sign Reid for further insurance and then we have still have more draft ammo for other spots to fill.
Originally posted by zonkers:

The 3 cone time was outstanding, and his instincts are unmatched in the draft. He is going to do very well in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone