LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Anthony Miller

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Miller is having another big day.

You rather have Ridley and a later 1st pass rusher or Landry and Miller?

This is a good question. I know I wouldn't make a decision yet. Now if Miller can show himself to be a bonafide first round talent, even if he's not top 10 talent, then I'd go with the latter. But until then, Ridley is still my clear choice for our first pick.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is a good question. I know I wouldn't make a decision yet. Now if Miller can show himself to be a bonafide first round talent, even if he's not top 10 talent, then I'd go with the latter. But until then, Ridley is still my clear choice for our first pick.

I hope Miller's size keeps him out of the first round, he'd be a good addition in the 2nd, though I do like Jeff Holland around there
Can he play outside? I think Taylor has the slot locked up
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Can he play outside? I think Taylor has the slot locked up

Yea he can. He'd do it in an Odell way. Playing slot but then breaking outside for big plays .
Kyle could be coaching him at the Senior bowl.

Love this guy. Id say 2nd favorite WR in this draft behind Ridley. I'm all for getting a big body but enough with the Jon Baldwin, Dorian green-Beckham and Sammie Coates. Just needs a guy that consistently makes plays and this guy is one of them. The senior bowl this year could be huge for this organization going forward. I sure hope Kyle can coach the Senior bowl so he and John can get a scouting advantage
Kyle could be coaching him at the Senior bowl.

Originally posted by DJamhour:
Love this guy. Id say 2nd favorite WR in this draft behind Ridley. I'm all for getting a big body but enough with the Jon Baldwin, Dorian green-Beckham and Sammie Coates. Just needs a guy that consistently makes plays and this guy is one of them. The senior bowl this year could be huge for this organization going forward. I sure hope Kyle can coach the Senior bowl so he and John can get a scouting advantage

Seems like its all part of the plan/destiny...no?
Memphis' Anthony Miller is the only FBS receiver who ranks in the Top 5 in catches per game, yards per game and receiving TDs. He is not a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award. And that, in my opinion, is crazy.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Memphis' Anthony Miller is the only FBS receiver who ranks in the Top 5 in catches per game, yards per game and receiving TDs. He is not a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award. And that, in my opinion, is crazy.

83rd ranked strength of schedule according to sagarin rankings and that may understate how soft the defenses they've played against are. He's in an offense that scores 45 points/game and has 330 passing yards/game. Memphis's toughest games all year was against UCLA and UCF, and UCLA's defense is terrible. Gallup played an equally weak schedule, but he has 94 receptions for 1345 yards. James Washington is going to win the award in a landslide - he's the only finalist who put up big numbers against good competition. I would have liked to see Steve Ishmael from Syracuse make it as a finalist ahead of David Sills, but Syracuse is only 4-7 right now.

James Washington: 1317 yards, 11 TDs
David Sills: 903 yards, 18 TDs
Michael Gallup: 1345 yards, 7 TDs

Steve Ishmael: 1160 yards, 6 TDs (94 receptions, toughest schedule on this list)
Anthony Miller: 1068 yards, 13 TDs
Wow, I am late to the party. Someone called him Anthony "Antonio" Miller on my twitter timeline a couple weeks ago. They weren't kidding.

Look at this route work on a simple slant. I've seen Antonio Brown use this technique before. I believe WR coaches call it 'lull+power skip' technique. NASTY

Great job tracking the ball over his shoulder

I only got to watch him vs UCLA this yr and he didn't disappoint.

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/nfl-draft/player-profiles/news/109008/wr-anthony-miller-2018-nfl-draft-superstar.html/

he's a kid that might very well be there in the 2nd for us (or even move up a little for)

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wow, I am late to the party. Someone called him Anthony "Antonio" Miller on my twitter timeline a couple weeks ago. They weren't kidding.

Look at this route work on a simple slant. I've seen Antonio Brown use this technique before. I believe WR coaches call it 'lull+power skip' technique. NASTY

Great job tracking the ball over his shoulder

I only got to watch him vs UCLA this yr and he didn't disappoint.

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/nfl-draft/player-profiles/news/109008/wr-anthony-miller-2018-nfl-draft-superstar.html/

he's a kid that might very well be there in the 2nd for us (or even move up a little for)

At this point he's a late 1st rounder. I've watched 5 of his games. Each time he flashed out! Dude's the best wr in this years draft class
Originally posted by DickNasty:
At this point he's a late 1st rounder. I've watched 5 of his games. Each time he flashed out! Dude's the best wr in this years draft class

I'm not sure of that...he's played poor competition and I've seen a lot of other wr that are ahead of him in mocks/rankings:

Ridley/Sutton/Washington/Cain are guys I've seen ahead of him. I'm sure the combine can change so things.

Definitely like him not sure he's a 1st rd pick....yet
It's going to interesting to see what he measures out to at the combine. He's listed at 5'11" 190 lbs on the Memphis website, but he appears to be smaller than that to my eyes.

I'm not sure of that...he's played poor competition and I've seen a lot of other wr that are ahead of him in mocks/rankings:

Ridley/Sutton/Washington/Cain are guys I've seen ahead of him. I'm sure the combine can change so things.

I think all these top receivers are different, really can match to what you are looking for.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I think all these top receivers are different, really can match to what you are looking for.

yeah I don't think the class is anywhere close to the 2014 class or anything but we will see.
Share 49ersWebzone