There are 259 users in the forums

Anthony Miller

Dude from memphis can ball! 3rd game I've watched him.
He and Riley "Mr ESPN" Ferguson are having good years. Miller would be nasty as a 4th receiver or slot guy
I like this guy, he can ball and I think is going to be slightly underrated coming into the draft.
Originally posted by UCLA9er:
I like this guy, he can ball and I think is going to be slightly underrated coming into the draft.

UCLA fan too. We both saw him just completely dismantle our D. He looked unstoppable
Great hands and Yac. Could be another undersized star WR like the Steve Smith / Odell type ? Exciting for sure
Memphis redshirt senior WR Anthony Miller caught 10 passes for 178 yards in a 42-38 victory over Houston on Thursday.

Miller (5'11/190) got off to a slow start like the rest of the Memphis offense, but was lights out in the second half. He didn't reach the end zone, but he and the rest of the Tiger wideouts set up several short-yardage scores for sophomore tailback Patrick Taylor Jr. Miller showed in the final 30 minutes why he has a chance to be one of the first wide receivers off the board this spring. He'll have another field day against New Mexico State next week.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
UCLA fan too. We both saw him just completely dismantle our D. He looked unstoppable

Right on! I know our defense has left little to be desired lately but our DBs have always been able to hold their own. I think it speaks volumes about the guy for sure. Christian Kirk didn't come close to the same production miller had against us.
So now we're likely to have our QB of the future. I'd like to get him a weapon in the first few of rounds, it's been a while since we've drafted a WR high. Steve Smith 2.0? This guy isn't the biggest but he plays bigger than his size and has great hands. Not sure where he's going but I can see him climbing up the boards fast as the offseason comes around. Somewhat Reminds me of Odell, but without Elite Top end speed
[ Edited by DJamhour on Nov 2, 2017 at 1:36 AM ]
Originally posted by DJamhour:
So now we're likely to have our QB of the future. I'd like to get him a weapon in the first few of rounds, it's been a while since we've drafted a WR high. Steve Smith 2.0? This guy isn't the biggest but he plays bigger than his size and has great hands. Not sure where he's going but I can see him climbing up the boards fast as the offseason comes around. Somewhat Reminds me of Odell, but without Elite Top end speed

I was watching a Memphis game earlier in the season (I think it was the UConn game), and the announcers compared Miller to Steve Smith a few times.

I wonder what his top end speed is, that may have a lot to do with where he goes in the draft.

I do like this bit from his Memphis Bio, under his HS career:

http://gotigersgo.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3511

A 2013 Commercial Appeal Best of the Preps Track and Field Athlete of the Year finalist ... The 2013 Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) Division II Class AA state 110m hurdles champion (14.44) ... Undefeated in the 110m hurdles in 2013 ... Also TSSAA Division II Class AA state runner-up in the long jump (22-11.75) ... Two-time regional 110m hurdles champion in 2012 and 2013 ... Holds school records in the long jump, triple jump, 300m hurdles and 110m hurdles.
[ Edited by Spike1000 on Nov 3, 2017 at 8:22 PM ]
This guy is insane. Looks like Antonio out there.

Really liking Miller early 3rd. He might move up into the 2nd with a good off-season. Good separation, quick, great hands. He's a great fit for Shanahan and Garoppolo.
I havnt watched Miller. A lot of of the descriptions in here sound like what I see in Dante Pettis. Anyone watch both players and have a hot take?
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Nov 9, 2017 at 12:30 PM ]
Has he gonna up against any high level CB's? Gonna dig deeper into it later.

Really like what I see though. Great hands, has made a bunch of circus catches and one handed grabs. Saw a play where he won a jump ball against 3 defenders, very Antonio-ish haha. Agreed with the above poster though that he's worth a third for sure and possibly saints second rounder if Kyle likes what he sees.

He's definitely not 5"11 though as listed. Hopefully closer to 5"10 than 5"8.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Nov 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
This guy is insane. Looks like Antonio out there.

That's what I thought as well. He was clearly the best player on the field vs UCLA. I understand people saying Steve Smith because he's smaller and insanely alpha, but I see Antonio Brown.

We need to trade back and draft this guy.
Wow, I am late to the party. Someone called him Anthony "Antonio" Miller on my twitter timeline a couple weeks ago. They weren't kidding.

Look at this route work on a simple slant. I've seen Antonio Brown use this technique before. I believe WR coaches call it 'lull+power skip' technique. NASTY

Great job tracking the ball over his shoulder

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 9, 2017 at 11:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone