There are 253 users in the forums

Some OLine Prospects

We need at least two quality starting offensive lineman in the draft or free agency (or both) next year.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by saniner:
Trade down, pick up this guy:

Would not hate this scenario..get a 1st next year from someone and a 2nd this bc I think he goes around 10th overall
Potentially a top 5 pick.
Originally posted by jcs:

Would not hate this scenario..get a 1st next year from someone and a 2nd this bc I think he goes around 10th overall

I wouldn't doubt it, he's a monster..

Instant starter for a decade plus
Where are all of these OL projected to go in the draft? 1st round? 2nd? Later?
Tackles go real early, I think we're okay with Brown and Staley, especially if we put some beast guards next to them.
Hoping for some big names to be available in FA.

I wonder what the highest a G has went in a draft bc he might top it..

Brandon Scherff went 5th overall. Outside of that, I have no idea.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Leonard Davis out of Texas at #2?
If the consensus is he's a beast LT. I'm cool with taking him. Especially if we can trade down a couple spots and still snag him.

Didn't Iupati go in the teens??

Any other under the radar LT prospects worth developing in this upcoming draft? Maybe can sit behind Staley for a year or two? Is the 2019 class any better than the 2018 interns of LT prospects? Time is clicking with Staley and we need someone waiting in the wings once that time comes.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Didn't Iupati go in the teens??

Yea believe it was 16th or 17th pick...
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Any other under the radar LT prospects worth developing in this upcoming draft? Maybe can sit behind Staley for a year or two? Is the 2019 class any better than the 2018 interns of LT prospects? Time is clicking with Staley and we need someone waiting in the wings once that time comes.
I'm not sure where O'Neil from Pitt goes in the draft, but he seems to have some of the same qualities as Staley coming out (ex-tight end, athletic, good pass protector). I saw on NFLDraftScout that he was trending down, and he's a Junior I believe, so again, not sure where he's projected currently, maybe anywhere from 2 - 4?

A hometown article (so take it for what it's worth) from 07/31/17:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2017/07/31/brian-o-neill-pitt-nfl-draft-stock-piesman-trophy-acc-football/stories/201707310062
"ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper ranked O'Neill fourth among offensive tackles who could leave early for the NFL after this season. Pro Football Focus, dabbling in college football focus, rates O'Neill as one of the two best returning tackles in Football Bowl Subdivision based on pass-blocking efficiency, thanks to his zero sacks allowed in 366 pass-blocking snaps."
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

Alex Cappa
Thanks. This is the topic I want to focus more going forward to improve our trashy line.
Share 49ersWebzone