LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

What would you rather have?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
- Kirk Cousins/FA QB & the best pass rusher in the 2018 draft

or

-Top QB prospect in 2018 draft & wait till 2019 to address DE

I don't think you can fill both in one offseason (with a franchise-changing elite talent), so it comes down to how patient are you as fan. What would you rather see the team do?
pass rush first because I don't think that Cousins is the real deal.
It doesn't answer your question but I don't care
[ Edited by communist on Sep 23, 2017 at 5:28 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd rather get our FQB in the draft and wait for our pass rusher.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Definitely draft a FQB first, the guy will need a little time to develop, so the earlier the better.

We already had our chances with the D-line/pass rusher 3 years in a row, if we still can't pass rush then too bad, it will have to wait.

Is the offense's turn. We will need a No.1 big outside WR too.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 23, 2017 at 5:58 AM ]
Would rather get Cousins I don't have the patience to wait another 2-3 years for a qb to develop
So many variables.

If I had to chose between the two I would go with drafting a FQB, but even if we got Cousins I would be tempted to go after a genuine no 1 receiver before pass rush.

Maybe try to address pass rush in FA if anyone half decent is available.
Originally posted by FL9er:
- Kirk Cousins/FA QB & the best pass rusher in the 2018 draft

or

-Top QB prospect in 2018 draft & wait till 2019 to address DE

I don't think you can fill both in one offseason (with a franchise-changing elite talent), so it comes down to how patient are you as fan. What would you rather see the team do?

The 49eea have used their pastbthree first picks in the draft on college Fes. If they make it four, Lynch should be fired.

I would prefer they draft their FQB and build foenthenlong run.
If we're picking 1 or 2 and I doubt we will be there's a conversation to be had but as of now I'd just pencil in Cousins.
Cousins and edge rusher.

This defense sucks ass. What's the point of even playing if every game is going to be a shootout. Unless the opposing offensive line is really bad and we can apply pressure.
Cousins, trade down from top 5 to top 10, take defense or WR then CB or safety

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Cousins, trade down from top 5 to top 10, take defense or WR then CB or safety

We got plenty of picks. Stay true to your board. If anything i wanna trade up for another first.

But ill def take Cousins and a pass rusher
Cousins and pass rusher. Adding that pass rusher takes this defense to another level. And bringing in Cousins allows us to compete right away with a proven player and allowing us to groom someone behind him whether CJ or a QB taken another time.
Cousins. None of these QB's are Andrew Luck. I'm not sure they are even Winston or Mariota. Some good prospects but all have a bevy of questions. Give me Cousins and the top pass rusher in the 1st round or Barkley or whoever the top WR is on the board.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cousins. None of these QB's are Andrew Luck. I'm not sure they are even Winston or Mariota.

Rosen >>> Winston
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Rosen >>> Winston

Yeah and you thought Connor Cook was deserving of being a Top 10 pick. Take a seat Ponch.
Share 49ersWebzone