LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Saquon Barkley

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
If you're legitimately drafting BPA, I don't know how you can draft Rosen or Darnold and their slew of ints and inconsistencies over Saquon Barkley.

I agree. This QB class got way overhyped. Barkley would be amazing. Imagining him in this scheme with an upgraded OL gives me the warm and fuzzies.

I don't expect that Shanahan would take a RB that early but if ever there was a RB to take early, Barkley is it. That sort of ability in this offense? He would absolutely destroy people.
If there ever was a draft to buck the trend, this is it. Give me Saquon Barkley over anyone and everyone in the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If you're legitimately drafting BPA, I don't know how you can draft Rosen or Darnold and their slew of ints and inconsistencies over Saquon Barkley.

I agree. This QB class got way overhyped. Barkley would be amazing. Imagining him in this scheme with an upgraded OL gives me the warm and fuzzies.

I don't expect that Shanahan would take a RB that early but if ever there was a RB to take early, Barkley is it. That sort of ability in this offense? He would absolutely destroy people.

All of this, if we have a top 5 pick I wouldn't be mad with him being it, we need playmakers
If there ever was a draft to buck the trend, this is it. Give me Saquon Barkley over anyone and everyone in the draft.

McShay and a few others have said the same. I like Barkley so much more than I ever did Fournette. He can run, catch, block, he accelerates and explodes through holes, runs decisively, I think he could be the ultimate Shana-RB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000848017/article/ask-5-whats-best-nfl-comp-for-penn-states-saquon-barkley

Executive 1: David Johnson
"My first thought -- Superman. Since I can't use him, I'll say David Johnson. Both of these guys are such complete, 3-down backs. Barkley's lower-body strength and explosiveness are pretty tough to match, though."

Executive 2: Kareem Hunt
"He's a better version of Kareem Hunt. Better body frame, better feet and hips, quicker, more explosive, more elusive, better hands and he's faster."

Executive 3: Corey Dillon
"I haven't fully studied him but I see some similarities to Corey Dillon. Big, fast and physical."

Executive 4: Joe Mixon
"He's a more explosive Joe Mixon. When he gets the ball in his hand, he can accelerate and separate quickly. Mixon would build speed and stall out. They both are dangerous as runners and receivers, both 3-down backs."

Executive 5: Ezekiel Elliott
"I was at the game a few years ago when Elliott and Barkley shared the same field. As impressive as Elliott was, Barkley was the better player. They have similar skill sets but Barkley is better in every area."

He's elusive, strong as hell, can block, has nice hands, and has breakaway speed, plus he's just a good guy with a great work ethic. Sign me up
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
McShay and a few others have said the same. I like Barkley so much more than I ever did Fournette. He can run, catch, block, he accelerates and explodes through holes, runs decisively, I think he could be the ultimate Shana-RB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000848017/article/ask-5-whats-best-nfl-comp-for-penn-states-saquon-barkley

Executive 1: David Johnson
"My first thought -- Superman. Since I can't use him, I'll say David Johnson. Both of these guys are such complete, 3-down backs. Barkley's lower-body strength and explosiveness are pretty tough to match, though."

That's who he reminds me of, albeit an upgraded version. The wide/low running style, the balance, the insane lateral agility, etc.

If you gave David Johnson the ooze from TMNT, the result would be Saquon Barkley.

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2017 at 9:21 PM ]
That's who he reminds me of, albeit an upgraded version. The wide/low running style, the balance, the insane lateral agility, etc.

If you gave David Johnson the ooze from TMNT, the result would be Saquon Barkley.

I loved David Johnson coming out in the draft. I thought he'd be an amazing NFL RB and one of the top receiving RB's in the NFL from Day 1. I like Barkley a lot more. I think if you draft Barkley you have a legitimate top rushing threat that every single defense will have to go all out to stop which would open up so much in the passing game.

PS-I love how you snuck in the TMNT2 reference.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 23, 2017 at 9:25 PM ]

The other problem is hitting or missing on a qb either catapults your team or sets you back 3-4 years but a rb cant hurt but can help

Sure the trend is to not draft rb high but since the trend shifted when was the last time drafting a rb high busted

2017 Fournette-4 hit mccaffrey 8 ??m
2016 Elliot-4 Hit
Gurley-10 hit
Gordan-15 hit
2012 Martin 31 hit
Originally posted by teylo31:
The other problem is hitting or missing on a qb either catapults your team or sets you back 3-4 years but a rb cant hurt but can help

Sure the trend is to not draft rb high but since the trend shifted when was the last time drafting a rb high busted

2016 Elliot-4 Hit
Gurley-10 hit
Gordan-15 hit
2012 Martin 31 hit

Not to mention that Barkley, in my opinion, blows all of those guys out of the water as a prospect.

2016 Elliot-4 Hit
Gurley-10 hit
Gordan-15 hit
2012 Martin 31 hit

Not to mention that Barkley, in my opinion, blows all of those guys out of the water as a prospect.

Agree

2016 Elliot-4 Hit
Gurley-10 hit
Gordan-15 hit
2012 Martin 31 hit

I think he is special
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Carlos Hyde reading this thread like, "Man f*ck yall n****as!"

2016 Elliot-4 Hit
Gurley-10 hit
Gordan-15 hit
2012 Martin 31 hit

So you just ignoring the Trent Richardson pick in 2012? Lol
Originally posted by FL9er:
Carlos Hyde reading this thread like, "Man f*ck yall n****as!"

Hold on though. I never said Hyde is gone. In my fan dream scenario Hyde is still with us. IMO we have the money
Share 49ersWebzone