LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Saquon Barkley

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't see him getting past Ind and TB who both desperately can use a back even if they have defensive problems.

I agree but it's a possibility, the question is, what do we do if it happens?

Collect a ransom from the Skins then take Landry.

Well that would be great in theory, what happens if 10,11,12 goes Roquan, Minkah, Landry?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
I don't see him getting past Ind and TB who both desperately can use a back even if they have defensive problems.

I agree but it's a possibility, the question is, what do we do if it happens?

Collect a ransom from the Skins then take Landry.

Well that would be great in theory, what happens if 10,11,12 goes Roquan, Minkah, Landry?

Certainly possible. I would look at Davenport and LVE at that point as I will assume that Edmunds and Ward are also off the board.

I would not hate taking Barkley but after we just gave money to JM, taking Saquon kinda crowds the backfield. Not a terrible problem to have though. I would not trade down if someone is not willing to overpay a little though so at said point stay home and take him.
If Barkley is there you still just take Landry, Roquan, Edmunds. Whoever we covet.

I love SB but I think the ship sailed long ago.
If Barkley is there you still just take Landry, Roquan, Edmunds. Whoever we covet.

Sailed in what way? The draft is crazy, he could be there, McKinnon is being paid like a featured back, but is he one? I'd feel pretty good about having both of them, split carries for a couple of years then he can move on.

I just want great players, Barkley is no longer a need, but he's a great player.

Sailed in what way? The draft is crazy, he could be there, McKinnon is being paid like a featured back, but is he one? I'd feel pretty good about having both of them, split carries for a couple of years then he can move on.

I just want great players, Barkley is no longer a need, but he's a great player.

Don't worry guys this won't even be a dilema for the 49ers Barkley is going way before 9, I'd be surprised if the Giants pass at #2 and no chance he gets past the bucs at #7.

I hear you. I assume they have their board set. Just follow it. If Barkley is higher and falls (he won't lol) I have no issue taking him.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I hear you. I assume they have their board set. Just follow it. If Barkley is higher and falls (he won't lol) I have no issue taking him.

idk i think its a mistake sometimes to draft need over best player available. Of course if qb is there we aren't drafting them but I don't think any rb on the roster should prevent us from drafting barkley.

it won't happen and people know it, hence why i rarely see this thread bumped once we started winning games.

Even if he is there he's not going to provide a pass rush or replace Foster. You only have so many resources and when the big sign of the off-season is a back that removes that from the equation.

I wanted him too but I'm just being realistic. BPA of position of need and RB has slipped to a luxury. I wouldn't be mad if we took him I just don't see it happening in any scenario.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 20, 2018 at 8:40 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Giants are dumb....he's good but #2 overall for a RB when you have a 36 year old QB who's struggled and been benched....
Originally posted by jcs:
Giants are dumb....he's good but #2 overall for a RB when you have a 36 year old QB who's struggled and been benched....

Agreed

NOT AN IMPACT PLAYER THOUGH
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Uh, yeah this guy can play, if he isn't worth the #2 overall no RB will ever be. I'm still surprised the Giants didn't take Darnold, though they'll be happy when they get Herbert next year anyway

Uh, yeah this guy can play, if he isn't worth the #2 overall no RB will ever be. I'm still surprised the Giants didn't take Darnold, though they'll be happy when they get Herbert next year anyway

Yeah it might end up working out perfectly for them. I really didn't think they'd be this bad though and they wouldn't have a shot at a franchise QB coming up.

Or they might not get Herbert...and imo he's not as good as Darnold.
This kid is the best RB to come out for years, since AP IMO Giants get a QB and they are in their way to contending if Odell acts right which is a big IF..
Share 49ersWebzone