LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Saquon Barkley

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
They'd be idiots to take Barkley #1 overall. They need a QB. A team is idiotic to think "meh, we'll just take who ever is left at 4" if they don't have "their guy" in the draft at QB, then they are no better than the browns of yesteryear.

It depends who they have at #1. Word is they love Mayfield and the odds of him going before the 4th pick is worth landing Barkley.

Mayfield and Barkley looks good on paper and since its the Browns thete is always next year to take a top QB
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
It's too bad he's gonna waste his career in Cleveland. Will probably be the next Trent Richardson lol

He's going to NY once that rookie deal is up lol
best player in the draft, Browns #1 pick
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDSF:

Lol they get a crap load of gear from all the teams they visit. Pretty fkn cool.
There's been a lot of chatter recently that Barkley will slide out of the top 5, if he did fall to #9 what are the thoughts of drafting him, now that we have McKinnon and have huge issues with Foster and edge rush?

I'm one of Barkley's biggest fans, I see the logic for passing on him, just not sure that I could do it.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
There's been a lot of chatter recently that Barkley will slide out of the top 5, if he did fall to #9 what are the thoughts of drafting him, now that we have McKinnon and have huge issues with Foster and edge rush?

I'm one of Barkley's biggest fans, I see the logic for passing on him, just not sure that I could do it.
While I can't imagine it'll him falling, draft him. Kyle can have them both on the field at the same time.

Problem is we need talent infusion on defense more than offense imo.

Trade with someone. He's gonna be a giant though
I don't see him getting past Ind and TB who both desperately can use a back even if they have defensive problems.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I can't help but think it's a smokescreen, surely they'll get their franchise QB, got to have a succession plan, and it ain't, Davis "I can't beat out Geno " Webb.

What if we trade out and Roquan, Landry and Minkah are all gone?

I don't know- you don't think they like a qb? All teams imagine they won't be picking top 3 again for a couple of decades..... lol it would be hard for them to pass up a potential franchise qb who can sit and learn a few years.
I don't see him getting past Ind and TB who both desperately can use a back even if they have defensive problems.

I agree but it's a possibility, the question is, what do we do if it happens?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I don't know- you don't think they like a qb? All teams imagine they won't be picking top 3 again for a couple of decades..... lol it would be hard for them to pass up a potential franchise qb who can sit and learn a few years.

Nope every single thing Gettleman as stated makes it likely they don't go QB. I agree it's a dumb move but Gettleman isn't a good GM.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I agree but it's a possibility, the question is, what do we do if it happens?

Collect a ransom from the Skins then take Landry.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Nope every single thing Gettleman as stated makes it likely they don't go QB. I agree it's a dumb move but Gettleman isn't a good GM.

Is they stay at #2 they will take Chubb.
Share 49ersWebzone