There are 273 users in the forums

Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pro Football Focus rates Louisville CB Jaire Alexander as the top-rated cornerback in terms of passer-rating allowed.

Alexander (5'11/192) allowed a passer rating of 17.7 when he was targeted. If that number doesn't impress you -- and it should -- consider that just a simple incomplete pass is a rating of 39.6. And if THAT doesn't impress you, consider that he made more plays on the ball than he allowed passed to be caught. Yep. Alexander was good. Even without elite size, Alexander's dominant season could see him among the first cornerbacks drafted this spring

CB1

It's your boy!

honestly where do you see him being drafted? think he's there end of the 2nd?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pro Football Focus rates Louisville CB Jaire Alexander as the top-rated cornerback in terms of passer-rating allowed.

Alexander (5'11/192) allowed a passer rating of 17.7 when he was targeted. If that number doesn't impress you -- and it should -- consider that just a simple incomplete pass is a rating of 39.6. And if THAT doesn't impress you, consider that he made more plays on the ball than he allowed passed to be caught. Yep. Alexander was good. Even without elite size, Alexander's dominant season could see him among the first cornerbacks drafted this spring

CB1

It's your boy!

honestly where do you see him being drafted? think he's there end of the 2nd?

Maybe. I do think his lack of size already resulting in injuries will hurt him. But I still see a team in the early 2nd taking a chance on him.
He would be a great pick in 2nd round, his injuries are impacting him.

Too short for us. Doubt we show any interest.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

If youre 5'11 then you better have longer arms and a good vertical so you compensate for not being 6'1.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

If youre 5'11 then you better have longer arms and a good vertical so you compensate for not being 6'1.

I doubt he measures in at 5'11. If he does I'd really start pounding the table to draft him. Cause 1 more inch and people would not say s**t about his height

I doubt he measures in at 5'11. If he does I'd really start pounding the table to draft him. Cause 1 more inch and people would not say s**t about his height

How did Jason Verrett fare for the Chargers last year playing in this scheme?

Was injured most the season.

Wonder how he fared when he did play cause that dude is a bull dog...dont know how well its translated to the field doe, assuming when hes healthy.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 17, 2018 at 7:59 PM ]

Wonder how he fared when he did play cause that dude is a bull dog...dont know how well its translated to the field doe, assuming when hes healthy.

When he was healthy I'd say he was a top 5 Corner. Didn't get to see any games of him in cover 3. Verrett is special and I'm sure would handle it just fine. Dude had like a 41 inch vert or something like that.

When he was healthy I'd say he was a top 5 Corner. Didn't get to see any games of him in cover 3. Verrett is special and I'm sure would handle it just fine. Dude had like a 41 inch vert or something like that.

Exactly..which is why i brought him up. If youre a SPECIAL athlete, elite at the skills for your position, idgaf if you're 2" shorter, ask Draymond Green

ESPECIALLY, when the value is there IMO.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 17, 2018 at 8:04 PM ]

Exactly..which is why i brought him up. If youre a SPECIAL athlete, elite at the skills for your position, idgaf if you're 2" shorter, ask Draymond Green

You won't hear any arguement from me. Alexander's been my #1 draft crush since the start. After Verrett he's been my favorite CB in the past couple years. And I was pounding the table to trade up for Verrett back in his draft. People were saying trade up in the top 10 to get Gilbert and I was saying nah trade up in the top 10 for Verrett.

You won't hear any arguement from me. Alexander's been my #1 draft crush since the start. After Verrett he's been my favorite CB in the past couple years. And I was pounding the table to trade up for Verrett back in his draft. People were saying trade up in the top 10 to get Gilbert and I was saying nah trade up in the top 10 for Verrett.

I feel you. And i dont think there is an argument.. SOME guys get it done with a lil lack in size if youre great at other skills. So, if the juice is worth the squeeze would be a good analogy lol.
Bump for my boy
Very nice showing for Alexander. Good density at 196 lbs. I think he'll be one of the "shorter" CBs the 49ers may be willing to entertain.
Share 49ersWebzone