LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

Not as much hype as the bigger corners but He should not be slept on.

Out injured week 2
That's unfortunate hopefully he will be back soon to show why he's the top corner.
These injuries could lower his draft stock. I'm trying to not sound like Baalke but if he's their in the 2nd round he would be a steal.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
These injuries could lower his draft stock. I'm trying to not sound like Baalke but if he's their in the 2nd round he would be a steal.

Absolutely. Plays bigger than he is and is a fantastic return guy.
2nd pick in 2nd round would be nice and add a free agent CB was watching his film fast player we need speed
Louisville junior CB Jaire Alexander will be out Saturday against Wake Forest after breaking a bone in his hand during practice.

Another bummer for Alexander, who has missed plenty of time this season with a knee injury. He was expected to be one of the nation's top corners, but it is turning into a lost season for the talented defensive back.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Louisville junior CB Jaire Alexander will be out Saturday against Wake Forest after breaking a bone in his hand during practice.

Another bummer for Alexander, who has missed plenty of time this season with a knee injury. He was expected to be one of the nation's top corners, but it is turning into a lost season for the talented defensive back.

I don't think he declares now.

or maybe he does and enters while his stock his somewhat high.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

All i know is we need everyone and their mom to come out for this years draft lol.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

All i know is we need everyone and their mom to come out for this years draft lol.

Yes we do!!! Rosen first and foremost, we need an option if Kirk Cousins falls through. And if Cousins is signed, Saquan Barkley needs to declare. And if Shanahan doesn't dig Barkley for some odd reason, then I hope he takes Calvin Ridley.

Jaire Alexander can be the 2nd round pick.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yes we do!!! Rosen first and foremost, we need an option if Kirk Cousins falls through. And if Cousins is signed, Saquan Barkley needs to declare. And if Shanahan doesn't dig Barkley for some odd reason, then I hope he takes Calvin Ridley.

FA WR class is a ton stronger than pass rushers

I'd be okay with him slipping to the second round. His injury concerns are definitely beginning to concern me but he's been my guy all year. And then next year get Jack Jones in the 1st and have the best Cornerbacks tandem in the NFL.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 28, 2017 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'd be okay with him slipping to the second round. His injury concerns are definitely beginning to concern me but he's been my guy all year. And then next year get Jack Jones in the 1st and have the best Cornerbacks tandem in the NFL.

Well he should def make sure hes healthy 100% and not put out garbage tape. Sounds like yall saying hes good and can slip... My inner Baalke likes it. If he does good at the combine who knows what happens..
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Oct 29, 2017 at 2:58 AM ]
Pro Football Focus rates Louisville CB Jaire Alexander as the top-rated cornerback in terms of passer-rating allowed.

Alexander (5'11/192) allowed a passer rating of 17.7 when he was targeted. If that number doesn't impress you -- and it should -- consider that just a simple incomplete pass is a rating of 39.6. And if THAT doesn't impress you, consider that he made more plays on the ball than he allowed passed to be caught. Yep. Alexander was good. Even without elite size, Alexander's dominant season could see him among the first cornerbacks drafted this spring
Pro Football Focus rates Louisville CB Jaire Alexander as the top-rated cornerback in terms of passer-rating allowed.

Alexander (5'11/192) allowed a passer rating of 17.7 when he was targeted. If that number doesn't impress you -- and it should -- consider that just a simple incomplete pass is a rating of 39.6. And if THAT doesn't impress you, consider that he made more plays on the ball than he allowed passed to be caught. Yep. Alexander was good. Even without elite size, Alexander's dominant season could see him among the first cornerbacks drafted this spring

CB1
Share 49ersWebzone