LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

WR-TE Watch List

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Who's the best TE? Can't put everything on Kittle
Keep an eye on Simmie Cobbs.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I want ths WR with tha best route running skills and hand...Hopefully at least 6'3 I've alway believe you need a balance of size and speed and we have a few shorter speed guys but we're missing that big throw it up let him get it WR ...

Simmie Cobbs would be a good pick with one of our second rounders. He has the size, route running and great hands. He has played very well vs very good competition this year. Very productive.

If we can't get Courtland Sutton I'd go after Cobbs.
Indiana redshirt junior WR Simmie Cobbs caught five passes for 44 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 45-14 loss to Penn State.
Cobbs scored from 18 yards out in the closing seconds of the first half to draw Indiana to within 28-14, but the Hoosiers had no offensive gas left in the tank for the second half. While the redshirt junior has caught touchdown passes in three of four games this season, he has not surpassed 65 yards receiving since the opener against Ohio State. Sep 30 - 7:20 PM
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Oct 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Indiana redshirt junior WR Simmie Cobbs caught five passes for 44 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 45-14 loss to Penn State.
Cobbs scored from 18 yards out in the closing seconds of the first half to draw Indiana to within 28-14, but the Hoosiers had no offensive gas left in the tank for the second half. While the redshirt junior has caught touchdown passes in three of four games this season, he has not surpassed 65 yards receiving since the opener against Ohio State. Sep 30 - 7:20 PM

This is a good thing, if were looking at WR and it allows him to drop to us. I'm a broken record, crossing my fingers for Pettis in the 3rd
Originally posted by FL9er:

Mike Gesicki and Troy Fumagalli are two I like. I'd rather go after a free agent (Cameron Beats would be awesome, but he's a restricted FA) or wait until the 3rd/4th round for a TE

Edit - Jaylen Samuels could be good with a creative coach. Under 6ft tall, looks more like a FB, but he makes plays. He would be a bit redundant with Kyle Juszczyk. Another guy is Adam Breneman. He could be a good mid round guy
[ Edited by saniner on Oct 5, 2017 at 1:42 PM ]
Cedric Wilson from Boise state looks like an NFL WR..nice size and speed, actually doing well with horrible QB play from Rypien..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Cedric Wilson from Boise state looks like an NFL WR..nice size and speed, actually doing well with horrible QB play from Rypien..

No thanks. We drafted him in the 6th round in 2001.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

No thanks. We drafted him in the 6th round in 2001.

He gets open deep, he might be a good fit
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that NFL area scouts are stamping Indiana redshirt junior WR Simmie Cobbs with Day 2 grades.
In other words, a Rounds 2-3 value. "They like his size, pass-catching skill and ability to win out for the contest throw," Pauline wrote. Cobbs isn't a perfect prospect, however. Pauline mentions speed, route-running ability and off-field issues as three concerns. Cobbs had a confrontation with police this past July at a concert. The 6-foot-4, 212-pounder caught 60 passes for 1,035 yards and four touchdowns in 2015 before missing all but one game last year due to an ankle injury.
Source: Draft Analyst

That sounds right, I like having 2 2nd and 2 3rd rounders

James Washington has been putting up huge numbers, what's his deal?
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
James Washington has been putting up huge numbers, what's his deal?

He's a beast, he's going to be a top 25 pick..i have him as my 4th best WR behind Kirk, Ridley and Sutton
LSU senior WR D.J. Chark has shown "elite skills" this year for the Tigers, according to NFL Draft Scout's Rob Rang.

Chark (6'3/195) was dominant in the upset victory over Auburn, and Rang -- along with a few other analysts -- have sang the senior's praises. "Broad-shouldered, with a tapered, athletic frame and outstanding overall athleticism, Chark looks the part of a star NFL receiver. Terrific body control -- including agility, balance and burst -- allows Chark to elude defenders as a returner and after the catch and suggest that he could develop into a terrific route-runner," Rang said. Chark's speed, size and ability to return kicks could make him one of the first wideouts to be drafted this spring.
Source: NFL Draft Scout Oct 16 - 9:23 PM

I really haven't seen much LSU but he looked pretty good when I did, 2nd round seems right.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:

Mike Gesicki and Troy Fumagalli are two I like. I'd rather go after a free agent (Cameron Beats would be awesome, but he's a restricted FA) or wait until the 3rd/4th round for a TE

Edit - Jaylen Samuels could be good with a creative coach. Under 6ft tall, looks more like a FB, but he makes plays. He would be a bit redundant with Kyle Juszczyk. Another guy is Adam Breneman. He could be a good mid round guy

6ft 6 Gesicki caught my eye making that catch over 2 defenders, volleyball player with serious hops, this guy in the redzone
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by saniner:

6ft 6 Gesicki caught my eye making that catch over 2 defenders, volleyball player with serious hops, this guy in the redzone

+2, would be a good fit. Wonder how high he goes
Share 49ersWebzone