There are 196 users in the forums

Dallas Goedert-TE-South Dakota State

Dat cone
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Oh s**t. Beast

I want one of the three....Hurst, Goedert or Gesicki
Curious about Goederts blocking. Shanahan wants TEs that can block (allegedly)
Here is what coaches and scouts want to see from him. Can he adjust with the ball in the air. See clip from 5:32-5:37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsote9V4WA
Originally posted by Scottie15:

Needs some work. I don't see great passion for taking out guys. Mostly get in their way
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Scottie15:

Needs some work. I don't see great passion for taking out guys. Mostly get in their way

I've only really seen good blocking from one TE in this class so far and that's Smythe
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Zach Ertz 2.0
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I've only really seen good blocking from one TE in this class so far and that's Smythe

Hurst successfully blocks Chubb 1 v 1 on a rep, that's pretty impressive
Here is what coaches and scouts want to see from him. Can he adjust with the ball in the air. See clip from 5:32-5:37.

What do you think of him?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

What do you think of him?

I think he is a really good talent. Super raw in blocking, but is smooth running routes. I like Hurst more, but factoring in how old Hurst is, juggling between the two and Gesicki for best TE in this class.

DALLAS GOEDERT, South Dakota State (6-4 ½, 255, 4.68, 1-2): Played nine-man football in Britton, S.D., before walking on. "He's got some Jason Witten-like qualities," said one scout. "People think of Witten now as an annual Pro Bowler but he slipped in the draft (third round, 2003). Goedert has the size, the athletic body control, the hands. He'll improve as a blocker." The most complete tight end in the draft, according to another scout. "Small-school product with immense size and soft hands," a third scout said. "He'll have to learn how to block more and be more explosive. He can go vertical. He's going to have to learn to take the next jump to the pros but he's got a lot to work with." Wonderlic of 34, improving nine points from his first attempt. "I'm sure he can get better than he is (blocking) but he doesn't have much interest in it," a fourth scout said. "He's got a brain where he should be able to block." Finished with 198 catches for 2,988 yards (15.1) and 21 TDs.
From Bob McGinn.

I wanted Dallas to be a 49er so bad.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I wanted Dallas to be a 49er so bad.

Welp, we have a superstar TE now so there is no need to talk about tight ends anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone