LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Dallas Goedert-TE-South Dakota State

Originally posted by DJamhour:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Probably would piss people off but one option is to go full Belichick and Baalke and just trade down again and again and again. Add an extra 2nd rounder or two in the process. Make your first pick be Goedert, then select Braden Smith at guard, add Billy Price at center, and continue filling the other remaining needs with the picks you have left. Right off the bat that would be three starter quality prospects.

Honestly this is what I'm hoping for. If we are able to trade back a few spots and net a couple of 2nds and 3rds, I think we can be in a great spot to add quality starters right away and still have a great prospect with our 1st rounder

Eehh...for a team as talent poor as we are, adding prospects is nice, but I'd like to come away with at least one elite player this draft. Similar to Foster, Buckner, etc. You only have so many opportunities to get these types of players. Now if we can somehow trade down twice and still end up with a top-10 pick, I'm all for it. Our best bet is to get back into number 2 overall. I think number 1 is out of the question, but with number two, we can realistically trade down within the top five and pick up a high second, then potentially trade down again for an even bigger haul, depending on how low the other team is drafting. I don't think ending up with a first, three seconds, and other picks is out of the question.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

First time I've seen this guy! Very impressive highlights! Where is this kid protected to go?

WANT!

Big body TE > Big body WRs. Corners are getting bigger; LBs are getting smaller. I'm excited to see how Goedert measures out at the combine.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 23, 2017 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by DickNasty:
First time I've seen this guy! Very impressive highlights! Where is this kid protected to go?

He will be one of the top 3 TE selected most likely, with a decent shot at being TE1. Round 1 or 2 for sure.
Originally posted by DickNasty:

He will be one of the top 3 TE selected most likely, with a decent shot at being TE1. Round 1 or 2 for sure.

He looks like a first rounder for sure! Would be devastating with Garappolo / Shanahan!
Probably would piss people off but one option is to go full Belichick and Baalke and just trade down again and again and again. Add an extra 2nd rounder or two in the process. Make your first pick be Goedert, then select Braden Smith at guard, add Billy Price at center, and continue filling the other remaining needs with the picks you have left. Right off the bat that would be three starter quality prospects.

If they could pull this off and land a guy like Wadley

That would just be amazing. Go to free agency for defense

Not sure about the competition for Goedert, but am sure about the hands and physicality. Would love to do the above...our D is capable of winning games, especially if our offense never gives up the ball!
Kyle does love his tight ends. This guy is nuts
Would Ridley, a guard, Goedert, and potentially a late running back do it on offense? Just wondering what maneuvering we can do to get more 2nd-4th picks. I have a few targets that would all be instant starters or regular contributors for us. Not interested in any draft picks being on the practice squad. Also thinking with the perceived glut of talent at BE, if we can get an edge rusher, do we finally move Arik Armstead? I think he would do ok with a 3-4 team.

Originally posted by Heroism:

WANT!

Big body TE > Big body WRs. Corners are getting bigger; LBs are getting smaller. I'm excited to see how Goedert measures out at the combine.

Having a big athletic TE or multiple big athletic TEs is a huge plus nowadays for the reasons you mentioned, as well as the rule changes that given the position as a whole a big boost.

15 years ago, TE's going across the middle as often as they do now were liable to wind up in the hospital. With the crackdown on hitting, they have become a far more essential weapon.

Having Kittle+Goedert would be a heck of a duo, especially with Goedert's ability to attack the football in the air.
Having a big athletic TE or multiple big athletic TEs is a huge plus nowadays for the reasons you mentioned, as well as the rule changes that given the position as a whole a big boost.

15 years ago, TE's going across the middle as often as they do now were liable to wind up in the hospital. With the crackdown on hitting, they have become a far more essential weapon.

Having Kittle+Goedert would be a heck of a duo, especially with Goedert's ability to attack the football in the air.

Too early to rule out Hikutini as well.
Yup guys has over 50 receptions with 11 Tds and last year he had over 50 receptions and 8 tds. When I looked at his film I loved the way he knew how to get open vs Zone. I'd love if we get him in 3rd or TE from Penn St
Too early to rule out Hikutini as well.

Wouldn't hold my breath for Hikutini. He's a cool practice squad, depth stash. But shouldn't expect to see anything outta him for a few more years. We trying to win a championship here.
Share 49ersWebzone