LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Dallas Goedert-TE-South Dakota State

The Travis Kelce comp sounds right. This is the big body red zone target this forum desperately clamors for.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
The Travis Kelce comp sounds right. This is the big body red zone target this forum desperately clamors for.

Yep, and don't even need to reach for a WR!
Goedert's tape is filled with so many sweet one-handed catches.

He reminds me more of Gronk but who's complaining haha. If Kittle doesn't show promise maybe we grab this guy with Saints 2nd. Kyle will have a much better look at this guy if he coaches the Senior Bowl ..
Originally posted by DJamhour:

He reminds me more of Gronk but who's complaining haha. If Kittle doesn't show promise maybe we grab this guy with Saints 2nd. Kyle will have a much better look at this guy if he coaches the Senior Bowl ..

Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham have unique size for the position. It's hard for me to compare anyone to them unless they are 6'6+ with very long arms and huge hands and very athletic.

Gronk was 6'6 264 coming out of college and looks about 275 now. He looks significantly bigger and stronger in his Arizona highlights than Goedert and has plenty of highlights where he looks impossible to bring down against better competition. Goedert is probably going to measure slightly smaller than Kelce at ~6'4 255. The only reason Gronk fell to the 2nd round was his injury history, but he obviously should have been a high first round pick in retrospect.

This has Geodert listed at 6'3 1/4" 255. His highlights show him dunking relatively easily, so I'm assuming he'll measure closer to 6'4-6'4.5 at the combine with long arms, but still much smaller than Gronk.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1019143&draftyear=2018&genpos=TE

Crappy resolution, but here's Gronk in college:

[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Nov 21, 2017 at 5:14 PM ]
The weapon we need. 22 and 12 personnel all day for Kyle with Kittle and Goedert. Make Jimmy feel right at home.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 5, 2017 at 4:04 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Hoping for 3rd round, but top 50 isn't out of the question. Adam Shaheen was drafted 45th last year as a small school tight end. Bit of a different prospect, as Shaheen is an absolutely ginormous human, but Goedert can be a game breaker all the same.

It was viewing him as a run after catch receiver and as a vertical threat that gave me visions of Kansas City Chiefs Tight End Travis Kelce. Both are uber athletes who can draw on basketball during their high school days before settling on football to play with excellent high point ability and reception skills. Both also have great acceleration and burst off of the line of scrimmage, quickly uncovering on the second level between the linebackers and safety. Watching Goedert rumble through the open field was as close of a 1:1 ratio as I can draw to a NFL player this summer.

https://t.co/dllXR2k0nt?amp=1

Doesn't seem like he'll last past mid 2nd. We do need lots of weapons. Maybe we can nab him one with of our 3rds. What'll make me feel much better is if we can trade down at 1-2 overall and collect another early pick in this draft as well.

Making more top picks is the way to go. I kind of have my early picks set, but if he can make it to the third, it would be ideal.
The weapon we need. 22 and 12 personnel all day for Kyle with Kittle and Goedert. Make Jimmy feel right at home.

Probably would piss people off but one option is to go full Belichick and Baalke and just trade down again and again and again. Add an extra 2nd rounder or two in the process. Make your first pick be Goedert, then select Braden Smith at guard, add Billy Price at center, and continue filling the other remaining needs with the picks you have left. Right off the bat that would be three starter quality prospects.
i think there is a SMALL chance that Goedert is a day 2 prospect
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Probably would piss people off but one option is to go full Belichick and Baalke and just trade down again and again and again. Add an extra 2nd rounder or two in the process. Make your first pick be Goedert, then select Braden Smith at guard, add Billy Price at center, and continue filling the other remaining needs with the picks you have left. Right off the bat that would be three starter quality prospects.

Honestly this is what I'm hoping for. If we are able to trade back a few spots and net a couple of 2nds and 3rds, I think we can be in a great spot to add quality starters right away and still have a great prospect with our 1st rounder

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Honestly this is what I'm hoping for. If we are able to trade back a few spots and net a couple of 2nds and 3rds, I think we can be in a great spot to add quality starters right away and still have a great prospect with our 1st rounder

Sutton (if he goes somewhere around 15) or Kirk, Goedert, Holland, Teller, and Price by the end of day 2. I could be happy with that.
Hi Phoenix,
do you prefer him over Mark Andrews?

Which ones the main differences between them?

Thanks
Kiper and McShay both have this dude as their #1 TE.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Kiper and McShay both have this dude as their #1 TE.

For me Kiper is a clown, he has zero credibility.
Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
Hi Phoenix,
do you prefer him over Mark Andrews?

Which ones the main differences between them?

Thanks

I still see Andrews as the #1 TE overall. But I think blocking wise and in the red zone, Goedert is better.
Share 49ersWebzone