There are 190 users in the forums

John Elway's offensive draft record since 2011

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Elway signed a monster extension, so he's not going anywhere.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
And then Elway came out and said the team was soft. And after a few days came out and said he meant the organization top to bottom is soft not just the team cause of all the heat he was getting. It's been very comedic in Colorado.

What a mess. But we can thank Elway for that one

Originally posted by Heroism:

Vance Joseph and his staff have to be the most incompetent bunch of people I've seen in the NFL since Tomsula. This dude actually passes on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down and runs it on 4th. Doesn't throw a challenge flag on a pretty clear catch and then challenges a pretty clear catch and fumble. Was gaining pretty good yardage running with freeman and still barely ran the ball. Just incredible how just stupid the coaching is. Plus it seemed like a lot of the first reads in passing were against Sherman rather than the local bun #23. f**king wow just dumbfounded that he still has a job
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

I really liked WR Carlos Henderson in the 2017 draft. Bummer
Originally posted by pdizo916:
His defensive selections has been beast!

I hope your not referring to Chris Harris and Shaq Barrett as Elways beast picks. If you know a players gonna be good you don't let them go undrafted. He's made some good picks Jake Butt, Devonte Booker(how isn't he the starter I still don't understand), Shane Ray and Justin Simmons but he's almost Baalke level bad.

Booker is lucky to still be on the team. They've tried to make him the starter, but he's been a complete letdown. They seem to have hit it big with Royce and Lindsay. Both are significantly better than Booker.

What Lindsay is doing this year as an UDFA is pretty remarkable. Even with limited touches he's still 4th in the league in rushing. Booker occasionally showed flashes, but he could never do anything when he was featured.

I'm not an Elway fan at all, but his defensive picks have been fine. It's on offense where he's been a complete mess. Personnel is partly to blame; however, they have nothing in terms of offensive coaching. Shurmur made Keenum look like a Pro Bowler last year. He can play. They have receivers and a running game. They just need to bring in real coordinators. Vance was such a terrible hire for Denver. I'm surprised he didn't get fired yesterday after losing to us.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 10, 2018 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by strickac:

I hope your not referring to Chris Harris and Shaq Barrett as Elways beast picks. If you know a players gonna be good you don't let them go undrafted. He's made some good picks Jake Butt, Devonte Booker(how isn't he the starter I still don't understand), Shane Ray and Justin Simmons but he's almost Baalke level bad.

Booker is lucky to still be on the team. They've tried to make him the starter, but he's been a complete letdown. They seem to have hit it big with Royce and Lindsay. Both are significantly better than Booker.

What Lindsay is doing this year as an UDFA is pretty remarkable. Even with limited touches he's still 4th in the league in rushing. Booker occasionally showed flashes, but he could never do anything when he was featured.

I'm not an Elway fan at all, but his defensive picks have been fine. It's on offense where he's been a complete mess. Personnel is partly to blame; however, they have nothing in terms of offensive coaching. Shurmur made Keenum look like a Pro Bowler last year. He can play. They have receivers and a running game. They just need to bring in real coordinators. Vance was such a terrible hire for Denver. I'm surprised he didn't get fired yesterday after losing to us.

Agreed. He seemed so clueless. I was expecting it honestly and like you am surprised he remains employed.
Originally posted by strickac:

I wouldn't be surprised in he got the boot and they hire McCarthy.
Also his QB record is pretty gross. Drafted Osweiler, drafted Lynch, paid Keenum big time money for Trevor Siemian results.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
It's still early, but it's looking like he whiffed on Drew Lock.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Doesn't help that they went with a defensive coach while most other teams with successful young QBs have offensive minded coaches.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Doesn't help that they went with a defensive coach while most other teams with successful young QBs have offensive minded coaches.

Lock looked good last year at the end of the year then Elways dumb ass replaces the OC Scangerello with Pat Shurmur. Then went WR in the first 2 rounds when he needed to get some O line help.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Lock looked good last year at the end of the year then Elways dumb ass replaces the OC Scangerello with Pat Shurmur. Then went WR in the first 2 rounds when he needed to get some O line help.

Yup I felt they should've kept Scangerello, takes time to learn Shannahan's offense. Fangio was just too impatient. IMO
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yup I felt they should've kept Scangerello, takes time to learn Shannahan's offense. Fangio was just too impatient. IMO

Lol well yeah Fangio is what 99 years old lol
Share 49ersWebzone