LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

John Elway's offensive draft record since 2011

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
He brings in one of the greatest QBs of all time that he knows will attract free agents. But u ain't trying to give him credit for the guys Peyton brought in?

They're for sure not in full rebuild at all. Sanders and Thomas are not easily replaceable. That's a duo of receivers that almost any team would wish they had . Cj/Booker/Charles is a solid group too.

They also have Darian Stewart on defense. They need to solidify that o line tho but Leary and Bolles are good pieces .

They just need a qb and maybe a few additions on their d line and o line, TE maybe, and they're back to contending .

Just going to ignore his completely botched drafts? DT is garbage btw I live in Denver so Bronco games are all I get to watch when they are on. Thomas has fallen off a cliff. Leary hasn't been good. Their Center who you didn't mention is their best o lineman. Stewart's being phased out for Park and Simmons. They have an embarrassment of pass rushers Raye, Barrett and Miller. That great defense hasn't looks to good lately.

You're right thought his drafts have been bad. But not much worse than Belichicks. Something they had in common was a top qb that always gave them the worst draft order.

Seems like Malik Jackson was more valuable to them than they thought . Haven't recovered from that. Thomas Seems more disinterested than anything. Give him a qb that could get him the ball and you'll see the old Thomas again.
Overrated. As a qb and as a GM.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I hope Adam Peters had nothing to do with this

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Elway was the guy ultimately pulling the trigger so its tough to say who was responsible any single player.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

You also better hope Martin Mayhew doesn't convince Lynch to go after his failed draft picks (Tomlinson) either.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

How dare you.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just going to ignore his completely botched drafts? DT is garbage btw I live in Denver so Bronco games are all I get to watch when they are on. Thomas has fallen off a cliff. Leary hasn't been good. Their Center who you didn't mention is their best o lineman. Stewart's being phased out for Park and Simmons. They have an embarrassment of pass rushers Raye, Barrett and Miller. That great defense hasn't looks to good lately.

You live in Denver? What's it like? I've always wanted to visit there.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by English:

How dare you.

Terrell Davis told me to say it.
Elway's future as GM will ultimately be defined by his abilty(or inability) to acquire a franchise QB. He might have to rely on Kubiak or someone else for that because the QB's he's taken so far don't seem to indicate that he has a good idea of what he's doing when evaluating them. Both Osweiler and Lynch are big, super tall passers with big arms who played in basic college offenses and showed little aptitude or ability to actually read defenses. Elway seems to prioritize big, athletic for their size passers who can chuck it way down the field but are on other QB metrics.
Elway's future as GM will ultimately be defined by his abilty(or inability) to acquire a franchise QB. He might have to rely on Kubiak or someone else for that because the QB's he's taken so far don't seem to indicate that he has a good idea of what he's doing when evaluating them. Both Osweiler and Lynch are big, super tall passers with big arms who played in basic college offenses and showed little aptitude or ability to actually read defenses. Elway seems to prioritize big passers who can chuck it way down the field but are on other QB metrics.

So your saying Elway wants Josh Allen lol

Elway's future as GM will ultimately be defined by his abilty(or inability) to acquire a franchise QB. He might have to rely on Kubiak or someone else for that because the QB's he's taken so far don't seem to indicate that he has a good idea of what he's doing when evaluating them. Both Osweiler and Lynch are big, super tall passers with big arms who played in basic college offenses and showed little aptitude or ability to actually read defenses. Elway seems to prioritize big, athletic for their size passers who can chuck it way down the field but are on other QB metrics.

I'm sure he would have loved to pick Wentz or Goff. But they weren't drafting that high so they jumped the cowboys and went after the unanimous third best qb prospect.
I'm sure he would have loved to pick Wentz or Goff. But they weren't drafting that high so they jumped the cowboys and went after the unanimous third best qb prospect.

Blaine Gabbert was one of the top 2 or 3 QB prospects at one time. Nobody was going to get an award for effort for drafting him. The results have been there. Osweiler sucks while reportedly Lynch is still struggling to learn the playbook after a season and a half.
Broncos are a solid team all around . Their qb situation is total trash though. Everything else is pretty much good tho.

He won a Super Bowl though by putting that team together, and he unfortunately suffered from a super bowl team drain. Some key pieces were lost on both side of the ball.

No. Everything else is not good. Their offensive line is in shambles. A total disaster. D Thomas is now a possession receiver and no longer capable of making big plays. They don't have any tight ends. Losing Tj Ward and Malik Jackson really hurt the chemistry on defense. Simmons, Wards replacement, can't cover tight ends. Talib has lost 1 step. Might have one more solid year left in the tank. Outside of Von, they really only have Shane Ray who can get to the QB. They have 0 linebackers who can cover or stop the run. No studs on the D-line. Oh, and most importantly, they don't believe in any QB on the roster.

This is heading towards a total rebuild.

And finally, the city is starting to turn on Elway. Rightfully so.

Blaine Gabbert was one of the top 2 or 3 QB prospects at one time. Nobody was going to get an award for effort for drafting him. The results have been there. Osweiler sucks while reportedly Lynch is still struggling to learn the playbook after a season and a half.

KC would fix that

My point is that he went up and grabbed the guy where most would have done the same exact thing. There's certain intangibles where you just gotta hope for the best.

Besides .. gabbert to this day is still tricking coaches into thinking he could start.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Nov 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone