LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

John Elway's offensive draft record since 2011

I think John Elway eff'd up big time not pairing Kyle Shanahan with that defense and he's regretting it already.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Osweiler is a starter though.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Osweiler is a starter though.

1st and 2nd rounders used on QB's, neither appears to be worth a damn thus far.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's an awful GM.

He skates by based on the legend of his playing days and the fact he won the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Other than that, he has been awful.
Offensive skill positions are thin after the mid 20's in the first round. Especially QB and WR. Latimer was considered a decent prospect in 2014. Osweiler is actually starting now (lol) and Lynch has been injured but he's kinda busty.

Anyhow, where has Denver been drafting? When you have a winning record it's much harder to have great drafts. This is how the system is designed.

Ty Sambrailo started for them then was injured and put on IR. Then they traded him to the Falcons for a 5th.

Montee Ball ruined his career with drinking. He's a hardcore alcoholic and was arrested/jailed for DV. They let him go and he's not in the NFL.
[ Edited by LeProfessionnel on Nov 19, 2017 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
He's an awful GM.

He skates by based on the legend of his playing days and the fact he won the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Other than that, he has been awful.

I don't really care about Elway but Manning's play didn't win that last superbowl. He was finished by that point.
The only thing I care about is Denver's draft capital and if they are a potential trade partner in the upcoming draft. They definitely need a franchise QB and Elway obviously has good relations with Peters and Lynch. They have our 4th round selection next year after the Kapri Bibbs trade and now they are in the top 10in the draft after their loss today. I am hoping that Peters and Lynch will get Shanahan's input on any of their offensive draft picks moving forward.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The only thing I care about is Denver's draft capital and if they are a potential trade partner in the upcoming draft. They definitely need a franchise QB and Elway obviously has good relations with Peters and Lynch. They have our 4th round selection next year after the Kapri Bibbs trade and now they are in the top 10in the draft after their loss today. I am hoping that Peters and Lynch will get Shanahan's input on any of their offensive draft picks moving forward.

Good point. I didn't realize Denver's record was that bad until I saw that the Chiefs still had the lead in the AFC West. I think we can count Denver in the QB sweepstakes. No sense in wasting the better years of those defensive players.
And Mike McCoy fired and Bill Musgrave in. LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:
And Mike McCoy fired and Bill Musgrave in. LOL

McCoy will get another job. He's just Elways scapegoat. Next will be the QBs then the DC then the new OC then the HC then the QB and one day in the far far far future Elway will step down cause the organization will not fire the infallible Elway.

Broncos are a solid team all around . Their qb situation is total trash though. Everything else is pretty much good tho.

He won a Super Bowl though by putting that team together, and he unfortunately suffered from a super bowl team drain. Some key pieces were lost on both side of the ball.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Nov 22, 2017 at 9:55 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Broncos are a solid team all around . Their qb situation is total trash though. Everything else is pretty much good tho.

He won a Super Bowl though by putting that team together, and he unfortunately suffered from a super bowl team drain. Some key pieces were lost on both side of the ball.

He got Peyton Manning and brought in free agents that Manning attracted. They aren't a solid team anymore. They are in full on rebuild mode. Von Miller, Aqib Talib and Chris Harris are the only building blocks they have. And I'm guessing Talib is gonna be trade bait. Sure Wolfe, Marshall and Sanders are good players but they are replaceable. Elways drafts have been horrible and now he doesn't have 18 to bring in the T.J. Wards.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

It wasn't the Bibbs trade. It was the "we really want Trent Taylor and will take a flyer on your crappy RB too" trade.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He got Peyton Manning and brought in free agents that Manning attracted. They aren't a solid team anymore. They are in full on rebuild mode. Von Miller, Aqib Talib and Chris Harris are the only building blocks they have. And I'm guessing Talib is gonna be trade bait. Sure Wolfe, Marshall and Sanders are good players but they are replaceable. Elways drafts have been horrible and now he doesn't have 18 to bring in the T.J. Wards.

He brings in one of the greatest QBs of all time that he knows will attract free agents. But u ain't trying to give him credit for the guys Peyton brought in?

They're for sure not in full rebuild at all. Sanders and Thomas are not easily replaceable. That's a duo of receivers that almost any team would wish they had . Cj/Booker/Charles is a solid group too.

They also have Darian Stewart on defense. They need to solidify that o line tho but Leary and Bolles are good pieces .

They just need a qb and maybe a few additions on their d line and o line, TE maybe, and they're back to contending .
He brings in one of the greatest QBs of all time that he knows will attract free agents. But u ain't trying to give him credit for the guys Peyton brought in?

They're for sure not in full rebuild at all. Sanders and Thomas are not easily replaceable. That's a duo of receivers that almost any team would wish they had . Cj/Booker/Charles is a solid group too.

They also have Darian Stewart on defense. They need to solidify that o line tho but Leary and Bolles are good pieces .

They just need a qb and maybe a few additions on their d line and o line, TE maybe, and they're back to contending .

Just going to ignore his completely botched drafts? DT is garbage btw I live in Denver so Bronco games are all I get to watch when they are on. Thomas has fallen off a cliff. Leary hasn't been good. Their Center who you didn't mention is their best o lineman. Stewart's being phased out for Park and Simmons. They have an embarrassment of pass rushers Raye, Barrett and Miller. That great defense hasn't looks to good lately.
Share 49ersWebzone