LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Deon Cain WR Clemson

Watched a little of this guy. Quick feet; pretty tough. Could be a guy to keep an eye on.

6'1, 210. Nice size. Good deep threat.

Just because I drafted him in the mock, here are some highlights on the kid. Probably going to go too early for the 49ers to consider but I think he's a heck of a player. Not sure the knock on him but I think he's going to be a good #2 in the league

Originally posted by jgarf08:
Just because I drafted him in the mock, here are some highlights on the kid. Probably going to go too early for the 49ers to consider but I think he's a heck of a player. Not sure the knock on him but I think he's going to be a good #2 in the league

Big playmaker but I only saw one route on that entire highlight video. Does he have more on his route tree or is he just a vertical dude?
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Big playmaker but I only saw one route on that entire highlight video. Does he have more on his route tree or is he just a vertical dude?

Always the problem with Clemson OWRs, limited route tree but he shows a little more savvy in his route IQ than past Clemson WRs IMO, and I think he's strong enough to get through the top of his routes with pressure. Fundamentally he is inconsistent, weight sits back too much, but he does a decent job of keeping his pads down.

So developmental but I think he has enough tools to be a route runner, I think a good OC will get something out of him.

Share 49ersWebzone