LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

WR Christian Kirk

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Texas A&M junior WR Christian Kirk caught just four passes for 14 yards in Saturday's win over South Carolina.
Kirk went off for 110 yards and two touchdowns against Arkansas last weekend, but no such luck versus the Gamecocks on Saturday. The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder has been held to fewer than 50 yards receiving in three of five games this season. That comes with the territory of playing with a raw true freshman quarterback like Kellen Mond

That has to be frustrating for these receivers. Talent is clearly there but you can't do much if you're not getting the ball or not getting it where it has to be.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Texas A&M junior WR Christian Kirk caught just four passes for 14 yards in Saturday's win over South Carolina.
Kirk went off for 110 yards and two touchdowns against Arkansas last weekend, but no such luck versus the Gamecocks on Saturday. The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder has been held to fewer than 50 yards receiving in three of five games this season. That comes with the territory of playing with a raw true freshman quarterback like Kellen Mond

That has to be frustrating for these receivers. Talent is clearly there but you can't do much if you're not getting the ball or not getting it where it has to be.

This. I hope people aren't just focused on the stats. This kid is a stud. You put him in a functional offense with a solid quarterback and just watch the talent take over.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
This WR class is so meh.

Not a good time to need a #1 WR (which the Niners do).

i dont think we need to do that we just need some good WR garcon is a great WR
we just need some guys to spread the attention from him and can make plays themselves

It reminds me a lot of OBJ at LSU...the talent was there but they just didn't have the QB to get him the ball on a steady basis.
Would rather have a true Redzone threat , Courtland Sutton
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It reminds me a lot of OBJ at LSU...the talent was there but they just didn't have the QB to get him the ball on a steady basis.

Good analogy. I was thinking the same thing earlier. I see this kid winning some hearts through the pre draft process.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Totally agree! I see some OBJ playmaking ability in this guy! I like Taylor in the slot but any catch by this guy could go to the house. Maybe put him on the outside with taylor in the slot, no way the defense could cover either one. If we don't get this kid I'd like Cobbs!
Having a monster bowl game so far

8 152 3td
Originally posted by teylo31:

8 152 3td

Good timing for him.
Originally posted by teylo31:

8 152 3td

Good timing for him.

Kid's a difference maker. I'd be so happy if lynch grabbed him!

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Still a big fan.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Dude gets open, he is dynamic with the ball in his hands but he also has concentration issues. Either that or his hands are only so-so
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This WR class is so meh.

Not a good time to need a #1 WR (which the Niners do).

You're nuts

Kirk
Courtland Sutton
Calvin Ridley
James Washington
Antonio Callaway
Deon Cain

There isn't as much hype as some years but there is still some very good talent there.

None of them are even close to the talent level of Corey Davis. There's good depth, but the Niners need a Dez-like game-changing guy as a #1.

How wrong was this guy lol
Originally posted by Dillesq:
How wrong was this guy lol

Wrong guy to question. He has an unfathomable track record
Share 49ersWebzone