LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Auden Tate - WR - Florida St.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by FL9er:
He ran the 2nd slowest time of WRs at the combine.

Yup, but maybe Shanahan doesn't put much stock into 40 times. After all, Trent Taylor ran a 4.63 40 at the Combine and they took him in the 5th round, which is where I hope they can land Tate or maybe the 4th at the highest.

Kyle definitely puts stock in 40 times. Especially for WRs. He said he has Goodwin and Garçon on the outside for their speed(obviously other reasons too). In the breakfast interview he said that he fell in love with Joe williams cuz he had the 40 time speed to burst through holes and score. Kyle believes every play can turn into a TD, and guys with speed are the ones who make it happen. We have speed at every position on offense. Besides Brown of course lol.

He addressed the Taylor 40 time though. Said you don't need fast 40s for the slot. You gotta be quick and able to cut. And typically the guys who can cut, don't have the best straight line speed. And vice versa.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think Tate is the best ladder climber/redzone/ 50/50 ball receiver from that group if that's what a team is specifically looking for.

Poor Minkah.

This is an element we badly miss...open, even when you're covered like a blanket. Jimmy Garoppolo would be like
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is an element we badly miss...open, even when you're covered like a blanket. Jimmy Garoppolo would be like

Dylan Cantrell plz
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner singled out seventh-round WR Auden Tate as one of the most impressive players at Bengals OTAs and minicamp.

Tate is massive at 6'5/228 but proved to be a subpar athlete with 4.68 speed and a 31-inch vertical at the Combine, leading to him tumbling to the seventh round. However, his size and "high-pointing ability" has made him a standout this spring, according to Dehner. "He hit points in the sky where he was catching a ball where just guys can't really get there," Dehner said. The Bengals are starving for wideout production behind A.J. Green. Tate will have to do it when pads come on.

A 7th round pick that's all it took to get him!!!!!!
The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner singled out seventh-round WR Auden Tate as one of the most impressive players at Bengals OTAs and minicamp.

Tate is massive at 6'5/228 but proved to be a subpar athlete with 4.68 speed and a 31-inch vertical at the Combine, leading to him tumbling to the seventh round. However, his size and "high-pointing ability" has made him a standout this spring, according to Dehner. "He hit points in the sky where he was catching a ball where just guys can't really get there," Dehner said. The Bengals are starving for wideout production behind A.J. Green. Tate will have to do it when pads come on.

A 7th round pick that's all it took to get him!!!!!!

Wanted him too. My other big WR in St. Brown gonna make Rodgers happy.

According to Vinne Iyer of Sporting News, St. Brown will be the one teaming up with Davante Adams and Randall Cobb. Iyer believes St. Brown will not only beat out the other two receivers drafted by the Packers this year, he will be out Geronimo Allison who signed with the Packers in 2016 and DeAngelo Yancey who was drafted by the Packers last year. Here's a look at what Iyer had to say about the Packers No. 3 wide receiver position.

Although fellow rookies Moore and Valdes-Scantling will push him most, St. Brown, who was a playmaker at Notre Dame, can emerge in training camp as the best option after Davante Adams and Randall Cobb to help replace Jordy Nelson.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2015/6/11/8767143/deandrew-white-closes-out-a-strong-49ers-minicamp

Lets see what happens when the pads come on. Plenty of OTA superheroes fizzle out once play starts for real.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2015/6/11/8767143/deandrew-white-closes-out-a-strong-49ers-minicamp

Lets see what happens when the pads come on. Plenty of OTA superheroes fizzle out once play starts for real.

Very very very true.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Was just waived in Cincy.....please get heem!!!

Surprised that the Bengals cut him. I'm thinking he'll likely wind up on a PS somewhere.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Surprised that the Bengals cut him. I'm thinking he'll likely wind up on a PS somewhere.

Guaranteed to make it in someones practice squad. Hopefully they pick him up since he did clme in for a pre draft visit. But no biggie if they don't get him.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
We should sign him and convert him to a TE.
Originally posted by GEEK:
We should sign him and convert him to a TE.
I think he could be a very good WR. He's a long strider. He literally has to be taught how to run. But man the raw talent there is certainly worth looking at whether TE (which I am not sure he has the frame for) or WR. Get him Lynch!

Worth a shot
Cleared waivers and Made it to their practice squad. Could still be poached.
Share 49ersWebzone