LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Auden Tate - WR - Florida St.

Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm sure Kyle would love to have another Julio Jones type receiver, but the problem is those type of athletes are once in a generation. The number of 6'4", 225 lbs men that run 4.3 and jump 38.5" on planet earth is minuscule. Since Kyle puts a premium on the ability to separate, it's much easier to find smaller guys that can seperate than guys like Julio Jones. Those guys simply don't exist.

This. Pretty sure he was on record saying he'd love to have a bunch of Julio Joneses. Not every tall/fast receiver is created equal and Tate has a long way to go to be compared to him.

See how he does this year.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Seems that at the 2014 Nike SPARQ combine, Tate ran a ridiculous 4.31 40 while measuring in at 6'4-1/2", 206 lbs. Chart could be displaying incorrectly on my phone, however

According to this website, the 4.31 is his short shuttle. His 40 is missing.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/7/8/5881543/2014-sparq-combine-results-the-opening

Now didn't Solomon Thomas run a 4.28 shuttle...just for comparison sake
I'm sure Kyle would love to have another Julio Jones type receiver, but the problem is those type of athletes are once in a generation. The number of 6'4", 225 lbs men that run 4.3 and jump 38.5" on planet earth is minuscule. Since Kyle puts a premium on the ability to separate, it's much easier to find smaller guys that can seperate than guys like Julio Jones. Those guys simply don't exist.

Yup...while I got no problem with them going after a guy like Sutton or Cain, I wouldn't be surprised if kyle wanted a guy like Christian Kirk who's got some OBJ in him.

There's also gonna be a s**t ton of good WRs in FA next yr, they aren't all getting signed imo. I've always been a fan of Donte Moncrief who seems to find the end zone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yup...while I got no problem with them going after a guy like Sutton or Cain, I wouldn't be surprised if kyle wanted a guy like Christian Kirk who's got some OBJ in him.

Hell yes to Christian Kirk.

tate is his last name, sooooo. yes.

Yeah I think Kirk will be the 1st WR off the board, top 7..he does it all..he would be a nice target for Cousins next yr lol
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yeah I think Kirk will be the 1st WR off the board, top 7..he does it all..he would be a nice target for Cousins next yr lol

Originally posted by jersey49er:

The Kirk to Kirk movement is gaining steam.
Would love for the 49ers to draft this kid!!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Better highlight video than what I posted.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Better highlight video than what I posted.

Very nice video
This lack of blocking effort stuck out to me:

Meh.

There's also gonna be a s**t ton of good WRs in FA next yr, they aren't all getting signed imo. I've always been a fan of Donte Moncrief who seems to find the end zone.

I like Antonio Callaway more than Kirk. I haven't seen Kirk run more than some bubbles, sceeens and goes.
Share 49ersWebzone