LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 191 users in the forums

2018 WR Prospects

Again I'm looking to the future of the niners needs and a number 1 WR is needed, some good free agents might be available but these are the top prospect at the position for next yrs draft if the niners decide to go draft intead of Free agency..

Christian Kirk*, WR, Texas A&M
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.

Calvin Ridley*, WR, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 188.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51

Antonio Callaway*, WR, Florida
Height: 5-11. Weight: 197.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

Deon Cain*, WR, Clemson
Height: 6-2. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51

that's probably the top 6 WRs as of now, my riser is Auden Tate out of FSU, hes Ht 6-5
Wt 225 should run low 4.5s.
Really want to see Auden Tate take that next step this year!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Really want to see Auden Tate take that next step this year!

I think he will, he is huge with good speed and good hands..with Rudolph gone he should be the number 1 target..
I'm extremely underwhelmed by this WR class. Hope the Niners can get a gem in FA.
Don't see a true #1 in this class at this moment. Most intrigued by Ridley. Interested to see how Cain and Tate develop.
We may have to start looking at ot's next year. Right tackle is a huge ? mark as is but Staley's going to be 34 next year. For receiver I've always thought 2nd to 3rd round is where you want to take them.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I'm extremely underwhelmed by this WR class. Hope the Niners can get a gem in FA.

I agree, I like Kirk a lot tho, he can do it all, and as I said Tate is my riser, but signing a number 1 WR free agent would be the best bet..Cousin and Pryor develop some nice chemistry we could see them as niners next year..
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We may have to start looking at ot's next year. Right tackle is a huge ? mark as is but Staley's going to be 34 next year. For receiver I've always thought 2nd to 3rd round is where you want to take them.

Yeah having 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and about 70 million in cap space next year is great and should be focused on QB, WR, pass rusher and OT..
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Should've taken Cam Robinson instead of Foster.
I like the 6-5 guy
[ Edited by Howlett49 on May 28, 2017 at 2:28 PM ]

I've checked out the following 14 so far, not rankings. Love UND's St. Brown.

1. WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
2. WR James Washington, Oklahoma State
3. WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
4. WR Equanimeous St. Brown, Notre Dame
5. WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
6. WR Dorian Baker, Kentucky
7. WR Garrett Johnson, Kentucky
8. WR Devonte Boyd, UNLV
9. WR Allen Lazard, Iowa State
10. WR Darren Carrington, Oregon
11. WR Deon Cain, Clemson
12. WR Dante Pettis, Washington
13. WR Anthony Callaway, Florida
14. WR Deontay Burnett, USC
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

8. WR Devonte Boyd, UNLV

Yeah St. Brown just like Tate will have a lot of targets and a chance to be the number 1 target for each team, St. Brown has some crazy break away speed..
A small school kid who is going to be talked about a lot this year is WR Jake Wieneke OUT of South Dakota state..great size and decent speed with great hands..
[ Edited by jersey49er on May 28, 2017 at 6:51 PM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:

8. WR Devonte Boyd, UNLV

Yeah St. Brown just like Tate will have a lot of targets and a chance to be the number 1 target for each team, St. Brown has some crazy break away speed..

Tate? If you're referring to Golden Tate, that's about the worst comparison I can imagine for St. Brown. Tate is built like and runs like a RB. St. Brown is a tall, thin WR who isn't very physical and doesn't add anything after the catch.

St. Brown is 6'4 and probably has 4.5-4.6 speed (not crazy break-away speed). He looks like he still weighs about 205, so he'll need to add some strength before he's ready to play in the NFL. He's the one WR they have right now who could eventually play in the NFL, but I'd be surprised if he's a day 1 or day 2 pick when he comes out.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

8. WR Devonte Boyd, UNLV

Tate? If you're referring to Golden Tate, that's about the worst comparison I can imagine for St. Brown. Tate is built like and runs like a RB. St. Brown is a tall, thin WR who isn't very physical and doesn't add anything after the catch.

St. Brown is 6'4 and probably has 4.5-4.6 speed (not crazy break-away speed). He looks like he still weighs about 205, so he'll need to add some strength before he's ready to play in the NFL. He's the one WR they have right now who could eventually play in the NFL, but I'd be surprised if he's a day 1 or day 2 pick when he comes out.

If you read up before posting you would realize I'm talking about Auden Tate, and comparing them as in they will be the number 1 target on their college team bc their teams best WRs are gone, meaning Rudolph who wasn't draft but signed as a udfa by the Giants who is going to be a steal, and I believe Torii Hunter Jr is gone bc of injuries, unsure but the 2 St. brown and Auden Tate should get lots of balls their way and both could be the number 1 option on their team and put up great stats..understand what I meant now..?
[ Edited by jersey49er on May 28, 2017 at 10:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone