LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

2018 Pass Rushers

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Offensive lineman take dumps heavier than that.

Not with modern nutritional habits
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Offensive lineman take dumps heavier than that.

Not with modern nutritional habits

True. Steroid Bran w/ sliced HGH & a cold splash of Wizinator milk keeps 'em nice & regular.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 15, 2017 at 8:45 AM ]
So I was looking at pass rushing prospects but nobody seem to stand out all is this just a down year??? any top 5 or top 10 pass rushers ??? Any names I can look into ??
Arden key has the elite measurables, but concerns over production and off the field stuff to begin the year.

Josh sweat has the potential, but concerns over injury.

Bradley chub has a good mix of it all, but, to me at least, has the concerns of redundant big end positioning.

Harold Landry has the production, but concerns over the measurables.

I like Demarcus Lawrence in FA and Marquis Haynes as a nickel rusher to replace Dummerville and Porter Gustin Jr. As a 3 down SAM
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Arden key has the elite measurables, but concerns over production and off the field stuff to begin the year.

Bradley chub has a good mix of it all, but, to me at least, has the concerns of redundant big end positioning.

I like Demarcus Lawrence in FA and Marquis Haynes as a nickel rusher to replace Dummerville and Porter Gustin Jr. As a 3 down SAM

Would love Lawrence but there's not a chance in hell that cowboys let him walk. Going into week 6 he was the NFL sack leader. Cowboys been desperate for a pass rusher like that.

What concerns would those be? He's an elite athlete and appears to have 33+" arms (longer than Beasley). He's only 6'2-6'3 ~250, but arm length is what matters for an edge rusher. His measurable are elite.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
What concerns would those be? He's an elite athlete and appears to have 33+" arms (longer than Beasley). He's only 6'2-6'3 ~250, but arm length is what matters for an edge rusher. His measurable are elite.

Perhaps measurables was the wrong term as he does have fine size. I guess we'll have to wait and see how he tests out in speed and strength
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

His arms look short to me. I think he'll measure out around 6'2", 250 lbs with 32" arms.
Getting a speed OLB/pass rusher is of supreme importance next year. Our current pass rush is non existent because of that missing element. Depending on our QB situation, it may lead to the Niners taking Arden Key in the top 5 picks.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Getting a speed OLB/pass rusher is of supreme importance next year. Our current pass rush is non existent because of that missing element. Depending on our QB situation, it may lead to the Niners taking Arden Key in the top 5 picks.

He's not worth a pick that high.

Honesty, this isn't a great year and forcing it would be a mistake.

Originally posted by jreff22:

Picking a need is not forcing it.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Picking a need is not forcing it.

Possibly at 1st overall it is
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Still think Saleh would be more aggressive in calling the defense if he had more faith in his corners. Even NFL films guy Greg Cosell says the CBs are the weak link of the defense.
NFL.com draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes that USC senior LB Uchenna Nwosu is "generating buzz" in scouting circles.

Nwosu (6'2/240) ranks among the FBS leaders in passes defended, and his added strength has not gone unnoticed in the scouting community. "As a pass rusher, he can bend the edge and he has a nifty inside counter move," Jeremiah said. "However, even when he can't generate pressure, he makes an impact." It wouldn't a surprise if Nwosu was an early day-two pick at this point, with a chance to sneak into the first-round if this keeps up.
Source: NFL.com Oct 16 - 9:01 PM

We need to draft LBer like this
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Would love Lawrence but there's not a chance in hell that cowboys let him walk. Going into week 6 he was the NFL sack leader. Cowboys been desperate for a pass rusher like that.
They only have 18 million in cap room scheduled...28 if they carry over. At some point they are going to have to start saving money to pay Dak too.
Share 49ersWebzone