LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

2018 Pass Rushers

Good work Jersey!

Nice start to the next draft.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good work Jersey!

Nice start to the next draft.

Thanks, I was thinking about doing a thread for other needs like WR and OT, I'd do QB but I think all great prospects have their individual own already..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Yes it's wayyy too early to think about this but I have, Pass rusher should be a need next year no matter if Lynch has a great season..so here are my top players..

Arden Key LSU 6'6 238 lbs, projected top 10

Sam Hubbard OSU 6'4 265 lbs top 15

Bradley Chubb NC State 6'4 265 lbs top 15
CANT FIND A HIGHLIGHT VIDEO
Tyquan Lewis OSU 6'3 260 lbs 1st round

Harold Landry BCU 6'3 250 lbs 1st round

D'shawn Hand Bama 6'4 278 lbs 1st round

Byron Cowart Auburn 6'3 270 lbs

Chad Thomas The U 6'6 280 lbs

Josh Sweat FSU 6'5 250 lbs

Austin Bryant Clemson 6'4 265 lbs

Dorance Armstrong UK 6'4 250 lbs

A lot of nice pass rushers, I personally like Chubb, Armstrong and Landry the best right now..and another to look out for who will only be a redshirt sophomore so he might not come out is Clelin Ferrell from Clemson 6'5 265 lbs could be great..

Great info! Great thread!
I know it would be nuts and crazy, but if we can't figure out the LEO, I'd love Bradley Chubb, I watched some of him, he is a dynamic pass rusher. Love him. Would be crazy to draft a DE 4 years straight.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I know it would be nuts and crazy, but if we can't figure out the LEO, I'd love Bradley Chubb, I watched some of him, he is a dynamic pass rusher. Love him. Would be crazy to draft a DE 4 years straight.

I agree it would be crazy, but I think the numbers say that the team has 60+ million in cap space. If we need offensive help, I'd spend the cap space on the offensive side of the ball and the draft capital on the defense. I was reading the Offensive Line thread in the Niner section, and one thing caught my eye. A couple of members said Kyle seems pretty good in getting mid round draft choices to perform well in his offense. I remember prior to this regime we were drafting O Linemen in the first and second rounds on a regular basis. If his offense can be sustained by mid round offensive draft picks, why not choose a high round DE/Leo in next years draft.

Bradley Chubb personally is the best of the listed Pass Rushers

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Bradley Chubb personally is the best of the listed Pass Rushers

Arden Key is the only one who has elite potential, IMO.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I agree it would be crazy, but I think the numbers say that the team has 60+ million in cap space. If we need offensive help, I'd spend the cap space on the offensive side of the ball and the draft capital on the defense. I was reading the Offensive Line thread in the Niner section, and one thing caught my eye. A couple of members said Kyle seems pretty good in getting mid round draft choices to perform well in his offense. I remember prior to this regime we were drafting O Linemen in the first and second rounds on a regular basis. If his offense can be sustained by mid round offensive draft picks, why not choose a high round DE/Leo in next years draft.

Yeah, we have like $65M with all picks signed(when they do of course). Plus having that extra 2 and 3 next year will help greatly. Right now we have $38M for 2018, but before carryover, and any possible cuts. We're going to have a bit less than we did this year next year, but we'll still have a ton of cap room, likely in the $70M range when March 2018 hits.

Well, there's no guarantee Chubb is going to be a first rounder. Let's see how he does first...
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Well, there's no guarantee Chubb is going to be a first rounder. Let's see how he does first...

Very true, same could be said about basically all, who knows how their season turns out with possible injuries and suspensions..and production..

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Yeah, we have like $65M with all picks signed(when they do of course). Plus having that extra 2 and 3 next year will help greatly. Right now we have $38M for 2018, but before carryover, and any possible cuts. We're going to have a bit less than we did this year next year, but we'll still have a ton of cap room, likely in the $70M range when March 2018 hits.

I intend to keep bumping this thread throughout the 2017 season, because I think (or at least I'm betting) CJ is going to be the Kirk Cousins of this football team. If that is the case, in the 2018 draft I hope we get a Charles Haley/Fred Dean/Aldon Smith type of athlete in the high rounds of next years draft. I think that will go a long way to getting in the playoffs in 2018 and beyond.
Anyone watch much la tech football? Any in depth analysis on Jaylon Ferguson?
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo 6'3" 214lbs OLB

He looks good pressuring the QB especially for his size
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo 6'3" 214lbs OLB

He looks good pressuring the QB especially for his size

Offensive lineman take dumps heavier than that.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Offensive lineman take dumps heavier than that.
Share 49ersWebzone