There are 191 users in the forums

Underrated / Overrated 2018 Draft

I don't have much of a list of underrateds or overrateds yet because I don't know how people are rating these players. But I do have a list of favourites & players whom I prematurely have big questions about.

Favourites:

Christian Wilkins DT Clemson: Big, nasty, heavy-handed NT. Would make the Niners' unit pretty scary.

Quenton Nelson LG Notre Dame: As good a guard prospect as you're gonna see in a few year IMO.

Mason Cole C Michigan: Taller C (6'5), but he plays very low & has a strong upper body & great hand usage. Held his own against some great DLs. Great at quickly snapping the ball & standing up his opponent on run plays.

Not-Convinced Yet:

Arden Key DE LSU Still have questions about his motor (especially at like 232 pounds or something).

Sam Darnold, QB USC. Serious accuracy questions.

Christian Kirk WR, Texas A&M. Great player, but I don't know how he measures up to WRs from previous draft classes. If you want a return man, he's your guy.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM ]
Arden is supposedly up to 255 now so we'll see if he still has the same speed/ explosion.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what you're talking about with Darnold having serious accuracy issues, he's only gone under 60% cmp/pct once and that was his first college game ever. And it's not like Darnold throws bubble screens and swing passes all day to inflate his cmp/pct, Darnold fits his passes into very tight windows.
Have issues with the chosen Rosen. Need to see more before determining if he's next coming or Bustville population Josh Rosen
Talking abouth tha 2018 draft shortly after tha 2017 draft is overrated
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I don't have much of a list of underrateds or overrateds yet because I don't know how people are rating these players. But I do have a list of favourites & players whom I prematurely have big questions about.

Favourites:

Christian Wilkins DT Clemson: Big, nasty, heavy-handed NT. Would make the Niners' unit pretty scary.

Quenton Nelson LG Notre Dame: As good a guard prospect as you're gonna see in a few year IMO.

Mason Cole C Michigan: Taller C (6'5), but he plays very low & has a strong upper body & great hand usage. Held his own against some great DLs. Great at quickly snapping the ball & standing up his opponent on run plays.

Not-Convinced Yet:

Arden Key DE LSU Still have questions about his motor (especially at like 232 pounds or something).

Sam Darnold, QB USC. Serious accuracy questions.

Christian Kirk WR, Texas A&M. Great player, but I don't know how he measures up to WRs from previous draft classes. If you want a return man, he's your guy.

As an A & M fan I think Kirk should be used like McCafferey. I think he'd be a good RB/WR combo as opposed to just WR.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they haven't done this yet.
Sam Darnold Comp 67% of his passes for 31 TDs 9 INTs in like 10 games....not sure I see the comp issues?

Will be interesting to see which qbs take it to the next level next yr
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sam Darnold Comp 67% of his passes for 31 TDs 9 INTs in like 10 games....not sure I see the comp issues?

I really really like Rosen and Darnold would not complain about either being a niner uni next year.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on May 8, 2017 at 2:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I really really like Rosen and Darnold would not complain about either being a niner uni next year.

Rosen has a little matt Ryan in him and Sam gets the luck comps as of right now...Allen is the wild card, plus you got guys like Rudolph/falk and some possible out of the blue qbs....it sucks not having a FQB but is a good yr to need one
Darnold should be null. He doesn't have enough film to see if he's overrated or underrated.

As of right now I'll give Josh Allen the overrated tag.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Rosen has a little matt Ryan in him and Sam gets the luck comps as of right now...Allen is the wild card, plus you got guys like Rudolph/falk and some possible out of the blue qbs....it sucks not having a FQB but is a good yr to need one

I think Rosen looks much cleaner throwing the ball. But Darnold turned a losing team into one of the best CFB teams by the end of the year mostly by passing or scrambling to buy time.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm not sure what you're talking about with Darnold having serious accuracy issues, he's only gone under 60% cmp/pct once and that was his first college game ever. And it's not like Darnold throws bubble screens and swing passes all day to inflate his cmp/pct, Darnold fits his passes into very tight windows.

He just misses some really easy passes more than I'd want to see from a guy vying to be a franchise QB. I mean, these are some gimme passes he misses. He looks good; don't get me wrong. But he has some serious questions IMO. I think Rosen's clearly better than he at this point.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM ]
Mason Cole is my draft crush. I dislike kirk's size
Next years draft won't be as loaded on defense as this year was but the quarterbacks appear to be much better. I want Josh Allen but of course the Browns will be better at losing or giving up 5 first round draft picks for him. I'd also be happy with Cousins, Darnold or Rosen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Tim Tebow had a career completion percentage of 66.4%
Share 49ersWebzone