LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Mason Cole C Michigan

"Admittedly, Cole says it's been a transition back to playing inside. He spent the better part of the last month in San Diego, working out and training for the Senior Bowl and upcoming NFL draft combine."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/01/michigans_mason_cole_returns_t.html

Give him time to adjust back to center. Michigan lost their left tackle early last season as well as their Qb, which leadto Harbaugh asking him to slide to the left for the greater good. It was a rough season for our oline and Qb, same as the niners.

(Off topic) I'm happy Brandon Peters the true freshman Qb got some experience in the Outback Bowl. Michigan is going to be loaded with talent the next couple of seasons.

I've said this before, Now is when you judge Jim Harbaugh, from here on end or pay close attention to his guys he recruited..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.landof10.com/michigan/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-jeremy-miller/amp

"While Harbaugh enters his fourth season, he's developed only one full recruiting class so far — the 2016 class that included Peters, offensive tackle Ben Bredeson and linebacker Devin Bush Jr."

Harbaugh has had to refine the 2015 recruiting class, which he inherited following the firing of Brady Hoke, and several players in the 2017 class took significant roles on the team as freshmen, including wide receiver/punt returner Donovan Peoples-Jones and fullback Ben Mason."
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 26, 2018 at 2:37 PM ]
"During the Senior Bowl, he was back to center and by all accounts, had a strong week. Before the season, he was viewed as one of the best centers in the country. He played outside for the sake of the team, but now he is back to his natural position and looking like an early-round pick.

Stanford DL Harrison Phillips had a really good week but here @UMichFootball's Mason Cole does some good work on him. OL coach with some audible praise.#SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/MnRKt8vSo9

— Chase Goodbread (@ChaseGoodbread) January 26, 2018

It's harder to evaluate offensive lineman without the benefit of re-watching the game, but Cole appeared to do well. After all, the week of practice is normally more important than the game and he did well all week."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gbmwolverine.com/2018/01/28/michigan-football-mike-mccray-mason-cole-stand-senior-bowl/amp/

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 29, 2018 at 6:14 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I didn't watch Day 2, but their were no issues Day1 or 3, their were issues with the other team on Day 1 if that's what you read?

I read (can't remember where) that he consistently snapped the ball too far left, so much so to the point that the pseudo QB had to line up behind the left guard to catch the snap. Bizarre, I know.

Maybe it was rust? When was the last time Cole played center?
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 31, 2018 at 6:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Exactly

He hasn't played center in a year... One could give a fair argument that when you change positions for the good ofthe team, common sense would tell us he has to practice again

It's going to take some time, obviously not long because as practice progressed he got better..

"Cole moved back to left tackle last season as injuries and graduations left the Wolverines thin on the offensive line. But as he begins his preparations for April's NFL draft, Michigan's all-time ironman with a record-tying 51 career starts is back playing his favorite position again."
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 1, 2018 at 3:00 AM ]
"Michigan Football: Mike McCray, Mason Cole stand out in Senior Bowl"

Who cares if he snapped a couple balls to the left in practice? He excelled in the actual game and as practice went on during the week,

Actually....... not bad for not playing another position for a year and coming back to his natural position and only a couple bad snaps in practice???

Only a couple bad snaps? If that's all we have to worry about then we are golden....

Who does that? He is iron man guys not super man....

"Bizarre"
is the dumb reporter not understanding he hasn't played the position for a year and it will take more than a week for the transition back to his favorite position..

I should get a job seeing all this half ass reporting..... It's only bizarre to the reporter not doing his due diligence..

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 1, 2018 at 3:19 AM ]
I saw his name floating in the 5th or 6th round. Would be an interesting find that late in the draft.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I saw his name floating in the 5th or 6th round. Would be an interesting find that late in the draft.

I'd be surprised to find him that low and would draft him in a heartbeat, I reckon he's a 3rd rounder due to his versatility, but could always drop.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Exactly

He hasn't played center in a year... One could give a fair argument that when you change positions for the good ofthe team, common sense would tell us he has to practice again

It's going to take some time, obviously not long because as practice progressed he got better..

"Cole moved back to left tackle last season as injuries and graduations left the Wolverines thin on the offensive line. But as he begins his preparations for April's NFL draft, Michigan's all-time ironman with a record-tying 51 career starts is back playing his favorite position again."

Excuses are like a*****es..everybody has one, but don't nobody wanna admit it
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

It's more of a fact that he was asked by his coach, to move to a different position?

He played well in the game.. No excuses, It was practice?

When it came to the game, he excelled. Definitely no excuses. It was practice..

🤪
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 1, 2018 at 12:34 PM ]

It's more of a fact that he was asked by his coach, to move to a different position?

No you're right... But you oughta think he was still taking snaps at the position he might play in the pros or Incase he lined up there at the Senior Bowl.

But anyways I was f**king around that he DOES have an excuse cause we all do have a*****es lol.

No you're right... But you oughta think he was still taking snaps at the position he might play in the pros or Incase he lined up there at the Senior Bowl.

But anyways I was f**king around that he DOES have an excuse cause we all do have a*****es lol.

I know my dude, all love.

It's his favorite position so the pressure is on him to get it right by the combine. He definitely needs to clean it up but if it would have continued into the senior bowl game then i would have been worried but it didn't continue
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 1, 2018 at 12:42 PM ]

It's his favorite position so the pressure is on him to get it right by the combine. He definitely needs to clean it up but if it would have continued into the senior bowl game then i would have been worried.

Yeah I agree. He's got a full 3 weeks to go ham, bacon and eggs snapping the ball.

It's his favorite position so the pressure is on him to get it right by the combine. He definitely needs to clean it up but if it would have continued into the senior bowl game then i would have been worried.

Yeah I agree. He's got a full 3 weeks to go ham, bacon and eggs snapping the ball.

Agreed

If you see the player get better as the week progresses like he did, then play a good game, you can call that rust.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 1, 2018 at 12:45 PM ]

Agreed

If you see the player get better as the week progresses like he did, then play a good game, you can call that rust.

Share 49ersWebzone