LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 156 users in the forums

Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina State

For the current debate... a fun little article about the two

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/29/17174748/bradley-chubb-myles-garrett-comparison
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
For the current debate... a fun little article about the two

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/29/17174748/bradley-chubb-myles-garrett-comparison

Good read he's a lot closer to Garrett then people have been giving him credit for.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Will be a Giant at #2.

You might be right. Giants have been playing things amazingly close to the chest with what they're gonna do at 2 though. I'm guessing qb as I still think they tanked last season but chubb wouldn't surprise me. I really think he is the best player in the draft this year
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Will be a Giant at #2.

You might be right. Giants have been playing things amazingly close to the chest with what they're gonna do at 2 though. I'm guessing qb as I still think they tanked last season but chubb wouldn't surprise me. I really think he is the best player in the draft this year

My money is on the thinking that they have a QB they really like and are hyping up their interest in Barkley to force the Browns to take him at 1 and go QB at 4. Seems like if they were really interested in Barkley then they would be hyping up the QBs a little more to make sure Browns go QB at 1.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
At 5.5 sacks right now... How many does Harold Landry have??
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:

He was the consensus number 1 pass rusher in the draft . There's a reason he went 5.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Oct 18, 2018 at 10:37 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

He was the consensus number 1 pass rusher in the draft . There's a reason he went 5.

There were many people on this board categorically stating that Landry was a better pass rusher, people get so excited over a bit of bend and don't look at an entire body of work.

There are many ways to beat an O-Lineman and you need more than one effective one.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

There were many people on this board categorically stating that Landry was a better pass rusher, people get so excited over a bit of bend and don't look at an entire body of work.

There are many ways to beat an O-Lineman and you need more than one effective one.

Agreed

I don't remember anyone saying Landry was a better pass rusher than Chubb. What I do remember was everyone knew we had no chance at Chubb bc he'd be long gone by the time we picked so more people talked about Landry then Chubb.

Chubb plays on the other side of Von Miller. Landry plays with who...without using Google?

Chubb didn't do much early in the year. Beating up on Zona helps. Both would be great here.

I remember having a discussion about it because that's what these threads are all about. Gotta consider the options. Even the top Landry supporters wouldn't flinch at picking Chubb
Originally posted by genus49:

Chubb plays on the other side of Von Miller. Landry plays with who...without using Google?

Chubb didn't do much early in the year. Beating up on Zona helps. Both would be great here.

with Brian Orakpo!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by genus49:

with Brian Orakpo!

And how's he doing?
Share 49ersWebzone