LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina State

He's a total beast but doesn't seem like he has the speed we desperately need
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

I do think they will prefer a speed-based rusher(especially at leo) to help push things up into the pocket towards Defo.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 1, 2017 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

my thoughts exactly. he seems very similar to Solly and doesnt seem like he will compliment the other lineman. Has that burst and motor but seems more like a right DE and less of a LEO. Id take Landry over Chubb due to his speed.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I like him. He can get around the edge and also plays assignment football. I've only seen 1 game from both him and Key. I'm leaning more toward Chubb.

Hip control and agility

Assignment football
Pretty quiet against Clemson, seemed to get taken out of plays by the tackle. Not many impact plays
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pretty quiet against Clemson, seemed to get taken out of plays by the tackle. Not many impact plays

Still one of my favorite prospects. Reminds me of Michael Bennett.

Though, I can see how he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea because of our last 3 drafts, so they would rather see more lightning over thunder this time, such as drafting a player like Landry or Key because they fit the natural speed rusher mold.
3 sacks and 1 TFL on the day.
Originally posted by Heroism:
3 sacks and 1 TFL on the day.

The heck? Yahoo GameCast only says 1 sack...
Forgot to add that Bradley Chubb is now the all-time sacks leader in NC State history, which was previously held by Mario Williams.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 11, 2017 at 11:42 AM ]
With 2.5 sacks today, Bradley Chubb has 26.0 career sacks, breaking Mario Williams' @PackFootball record of 25.5 sacks.

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
With 2.5 sacks today, Bradley Chubb has 26.0 career sacks, breaking Mario Williams' @PackFootball record of 25.5 sacks.

I believe 2.5 sacks today puts him at 20 sacks in his last 20 games.
If he drop weight before the combine it might help him 275 is pretty big
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Haven't really seen much from him to excite me. I don't doubt he's a good player but just feel meh about him.
Continues to prove why I think he's the best pass rusher in this upcoming class.
Originally posted by HERN:
Haven't really seen much from him to excite me. I don't doubt he's a good player but just feel meh about him.

A lot of people seem to watch him and come away with the same assessment, but he keeps going out there and racking up sacks, so he must be a damn good talent.

If we can find a pure speed rusher in the 2nd-4th round or even through free agency, our D-Line would be set for years with Chubb/Buckner/Thomas/FA-Draft pick.
Share 49ersWebzone