LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Clemson DT Christian Wilkins

QB notwithstanding, the top of the 2018 draft class looks pretty weak. That said, I do love me some Christian Wilkins.

Believe it or not, Wilkins is near the top of my wish list next offseason if the team can't get a QB. He's the kind of thick, athletic, heavy-handed DT the team needs IMO. And no, I don't have a problem taking a D-lineman in the first 4 years in a row.

He's very talented and could be a great replacement for Mitchell in the future, imagine a future D-line of Armstead, Thomas, Wilkins and Buckner..! Sounds amazing but I think next yr the top needs are QB, Pass Rusher, A true number 1 WR and an OT bc Staley won't play forever..
[ Edited by jersey49er on May 6, 2017 at 12:31 PM ]
Even if we were to take a D-lineman, it's all but certain to be an edge rusher.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Unless they sign on in FA. Or if Tank / Lynch emerges as the guy.
Great player. The interesting thing about him is that he bring tremendous versatility on the line. Due to injuries and the departures of Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd, Wilkins actually played outside as a 4-3 DE the first half of Clemson's season. He will kick back inside this year to start alongside potential 2019 #1 overall pick Dexter Lawrence, but he has enough speed at his size to play outside situationally and be an effective edge setter and passrusher.

If we wind up not landing high enough to get a top QB, we might look instead at Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell if he leaves early. Kid is a monster with great size as a true DE.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Fantasy football.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Fantasy football.

This. We will be lucky if Tank can emerge as a Roderick Green type let alone be a starting caliber DE/elephant.
I think we're done at 1, 3, 5. Sam/ Leo is still likely a 1-2 round need next year though.
If DJ Jones works out like I think he will, we're good on the DL. Mitchell's not ancient...29. Particularly if they sign Cousins, the priority then is some marquee WR's and probably a top playmaking TE.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Fantasy football.

This. We will be lucky if Tank can emerge as a Roderick Green type let alone be a starting caliber DE/elephant.

Lynch was a great pass rusher a couple of seasons ago. I don't think it's beyond comprehension to think he could get in shape & do it again. I'm not counting on it, though.

This'll be Tank's first time playing 4-3 RDE since college, so I'm interested to see how he does there...

Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think we're done at 1, 3, 5. Sam/ Leo is still likely a 1-2 round need next year though.

The team is never "done" with the DL. You can't have too many good d-linemen. And you don't completely disregard a rare talent like Christian Wilkins because you have Earl freeking Mitchell.
How could you want this guy on our team after the gif of him grabbing that player ?
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
How could you want this guy on our team after the gif of him grabbing that player ?

Are you serious?
QB notwithstanding, the top of the 2018 draft class looks pretty weak. That said, I do love me some Christian Wilkins.

Believe it or not, Wilkins is near the top of my wish list next offseason if the team can't get a QB. He's the kind of thick, athletic, heavy-handed DT the team needs IMO. And no, I don't have a problem taking a D-lineman in the first 4 years in a row.

A little grab A$$ topped off with a little sex assault? WTF
Are you serious?

Yea. I remember seeing his teammate try to defend it. "You ain't a good football player if you don't do that!!!" Or something. f**kin weird. I don't usually see players on the field dig their hands in another mans nuts but who knows.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on May 7, 2017 at 1:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone