LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Jarrett Stidham QB, Auburn

Might want to keep an eye on this kid this season fellas. Very early prediction is he's the next Metoric rise QB a la Wentz and Trubisky.
https://youtu.be/d5EiTvyzOeQ

I'm really intrigued. Remember him from Baylor
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Might want to keep an eye on this kid this season fellas. Very early prediction is he's the next Metoric rise QB a la Wentz and Trubisky.

Looked really good in that spring game.

Not sure why you're comparing him to Wentz or Trubisky - this is a former 5 star recruit who looked good at Baylor and was highly touted when he transferred. Fox Sports already has him 10th overall in an early 2018 mock draft. Stidham isn't exactly an unknown going into the season.
Man the more QBs that play better the more we have to pick next year.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Looked really good in that spring game.

Not sure why you're comparing him to Wentz or Trubisky - this is a former 5 star recruit who looked good at Baylor and was highly touted when he transferred. Fox Sports already has him 10th overall in an early 2018 mock draft. Stidham isn't exactly an unknown going into the season.

I made the comparison because he hasn't played a full season yet, like Mitch. Everyone mentions 2018 being a great QB class with Rosen, Darnold and Allen as the top guys right now. This guy could surprise, nobody thought Wentz would go #2 overall, Stidham has that kind of potential, that's why I made that comparison.
Most slept on qb as of right now. I happened to be watching Aubrun's spring game and he looked good. He's easily in my top 5 if not 3 and he's sure as hell ahead of Darnold.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I remember seeing this kid, he came in for Seth Russell against K-State IIRC and lit it up. But probably why no one is really talking about him is because the last time he started was in 2015. He looks good, but if I were him I wouldn't declare early in a draft that could have Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Rudolph.
I see Stidham as having a lot of potential to be the Trubisky for this season, the QB that comes from out of nowhere. I think he's flying under the radar right now but could easily see him in the discussion as a 1st round QB when it is all said and done.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The kid looks damn good so far, pocket collapses he doesn't panic. Very poised, don't tell me the frickin Patriots found their QBOTF again.
Looking like a steal right now.

• jcs
  • Veteran

F'ing Patriots landed him with the Jimmy G pick after about 6-7 trade-backs.

Saying that based on preseason football is just so stupid honestly.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The kid looks damn good so far, pocket collapses he doesn't panic. Very poised, don't tell me the frickin Patriots found their QBOTF again.

lol
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 30, 2019 at 9:27 AM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Saying that based on preseason football is just so stupid honestly.

Hence the reason I said right now. That's all he's played so far as a rookie. Is there an opinion probation time on web based football forums?
Share 49ersWebzone