LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Arden Key-DE/OLB-LSU

Key reminds me of mingo. He has immense potential but we gotta get some for sure studs in the top half, we can't afford to risk it. Unless lynch does his research like he did with Foster.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Key reminds me of mingo. He has immense potential but we gotta get some for sure studs in the top half, we can't afford to risk it. Unless lynch does his research like he did with Foster.

Key put on a bunch of weight this year and then he got injured. I think he is a much better prospect than Mingo when he came out. He seems like a strong possibility at the #9/10 pick if he gets past the Bucs with their pick. I would reserve judgement until we see him at the Combine and his Pro Day.
I will be so pissed if Key is the pick. He's a bust waiting to happen imo.
There's certainly red flags, but pass rushers like him never fall much. After QBs, edge rushers at a premium in the NFL.

It's hard to have a good defense without them. We know he can get to the QB, he has elite athleticism, and he has an ideal frame. Even as a situational rusher he still helps teams, so he'll still get drafted early.
He's pretty high on my list, and I know not many people agree with me. Definitely a high boom/bust pick, but he's definitely one of the players I will be monitoring throughout the process.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I will be so pissed if Key is the pick. He's a bust waiting to happen imo.

I agree. Reports questioning whether or not this guy loves football, Miller alluding to comments from people inside the program calling him a headcase, unexplained team absence.

Stay far away.
I feel sick just clicking on this thread.
In case you thought he could be a SAM LB lol. He consistently plays with s**t effort. Slender frame, not good with his hands, high pad level, and overly dependent on his speed and athleticism. Barkevious Mingo 2.0.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 22, 2018 at 8:30 AM ]
Wouldn't even touch him with a 100 ft pole. Pass please!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Much rather have Ogbonnia Okoronkwo or Jeff Holland.

Arden Key is a very good edge player. Very bendy, great ball get off and flips his hips really well. The only issues i have with him are non-football related. If those are real then, we need to stay away but he might be the most athletic edge guy in the draft.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Much rather have Ogbonnia Okoronkwo or Jeff Holland.

Without question.
Pass unless he drops to the bottom of the 2nd...lynch wants committed football players and Key doesn't sound like that
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 22, 2018 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pass unless he drops to the bottom of the 2nd...lynch wants committed football players and Key doesn't sound like that

Right. I don't think any team wants that. He's a top talent on the field though. But if he's not into the game then pass on him compl r
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Right. I don't think any team wants that. He's a top talent on the field though. But if he's not into the game then pass on him compl r

this is what Tony Pauline is hearing about him

"The more people I speak with, the more likely it seems Arden Key falls out of the first round. I'm told the pass rusher looks like a very ordinary athlete during combine training and there's nothing that stands out about him. Then there are potential off-field issues, something I initially eluded to in August."
Share 49ersWebzone