LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Arden Key-DE/OLB-LSU

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
You guys get it. I felt the same way with Thomas and look how that turned out. I hope boy genius Lynch figures it out.

I see none of that in Thomas, he has a great work ethic and seems humble. The only issue I see with Thomas is that he'll be best suited to play in one of the only positions we already have a great young player.

He's played pretty well for a rookie, considering we're asking him to be our premier edge rusher. Hopefully Thomas will come into his own and the left side of our D-Line will be nasty.

The boom with Key would be he's lights out at Leo or Sam making our pass rush nasty, or he could be lazy and bust

Yeah I don't get the Thomas link at all.

Key's talent jumps out but I question what's up in his head and whether he's in this for the long haul and will put in the work. Thomas I have 0 questions about that.

Yeah the comparison to Thomas is way off. Thomas a real smart kid and work ethics is amazing. Can you clarify what same feeling you got with Thomas and Key?
The only parallels between Thomas and Key are that they are both undersized for their respective positions.

Key reminds me of Barkevious Mingo in so many ways.
I'm watching this game and trying to be impressed by this dude but he's not delivering. Stands straight up. Doesn't seem to have much physicality to his game.
Very poor pad level. If he doesn't have the work ethic and love for football to be coached up, he will be ineffective in the NFL.
BUST
Originally posted by Heroism:
The only parallels between Thomas and Key are that they are both undersized for their respective positions.

Key reminds me of Barkevious Mingo in so many ways.

I can see that.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 11, 2017 at 4:11 PM ]
lol wrong thread
[ Edited by gold49digger on Nov 12, 2017 at 2:41 PM ]
Too light in the arse.
LSU junior edge rusher Arden Key (knee) did not practice on Wednesday.

Key sustained the knee injury against Arkansas on Saturday and has not appeared in any of the first three opening media windows of the practice week. He's been labeled questionable for this weekend's upcoming contest with Tennessee. The 6-foot-6, 255-pounder is a potential top-10 selection in the spring's draft, but medical checkups are going to play a part in his ultimate slot -- not only is Key dealing with his current knee issue, he missed the first two games of the campaign while finishing up his recovery from offseason shoulder surgery.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Key sustained the knee injury against Arkansas on Saturday and has not appeared in any of the first three opening media windows of the practice week. He's been labeled questionable for this weekend's upcoming contest with Tennessee. The 6-foot-6, 255-pounder is a potential top-10 selection in the spring's draft, but medical checkups are going to play a part in his ultimate slot -- not only is Key dealing with his current knee issue, he missed the first two games of the campaign while finishing up his recovery from offseason shoulder surgery.

This kid will either be a steal for some team or someone who will be cut from the team that drafts him before his rookie deal is up.

• HERN
  • Veteran
There's something about him that I just can't shake.

I hope this kid gets his mind right because I see Robert Quinn when I see him play.
Arden's got a sweet HL reel.

• HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Arden's got a sweet HL reel.

Nice try.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

This kid will either be a steal for some team or someone who will be cut from the team that drafts him before his rookie deal is up.

i see him potentially dropping out of the 1st round.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
i see him potentially dropping out of the 1st round.

LSU seems to produce a lot of guys who don't have it all together upstairs.
Share 49ersWebzone