LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Arden Key-DE/OLB-LSU

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Gregory went in the 2nd. I think 3rd or super late 2nd is fair.

If Landry and Davenport, for whatever reason, is unavailable - I can see ShanaLynch picking him.

If your talking about picking him #9 I'm going to have a hole in the wall to patch.
Originally posted by Oilcan:

If Landry and Davenport, for whatever reason, is unavailable - I can see ShanaLynch picking him.

If your talking about picking him #9 I'm going to have a hole in the wall to patch.

Lol nah he's piggy backing off my guess as far as Key being available in late 2nd or 3rd. I would roll the dice with our second 3rd. No risk it no biscuit. Especially since we got two 3s and 4s from last years trade.

If Key pans out say with our second 3rd we'd steal a possible top 10 talent without the BS.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oilcan:

Lol nah he's piggy backing off my guess as far as Key being available in late 2nd or 3rd. I would roll the dice with our second 3rd. No risk it no biscuit. Especially since we got two 3s and 4s from last years trade.

If Key pans out say with our second 3rd we'd steal a possible top 10 talent without the BS.

Yeah, he may have learned, cleaned up his act and may actually want to be a legit player in the NFL. However, if Aldon Smith gets his cell number, s**t gonna hit the fan
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Key is very much in play now for us with one of our 3rd round picks.
He's not a Monday guy, I can't imagine Lynch taking him.
I think, key is probably least at 5th round
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Gotta take a risk now, key in the third
Just waiting for someone to put the jinx on. Like Phoenix did with McGlinchey.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:
Key is very much in play now for us with one of our 3rd round picks.
Well, at least we have a chance at getting a talented edge rusher with him on board. I don't particularly like all his red flags though.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just waiting for someone to put the jinx on. Like Phoenix did with McGlinchey.

Now that they got Mr. Clean (McGlinchey) and Y̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ Foster's accuser claims the charges are false, they have enough moral capital to gamble on Key.

Well, at least we have a chance at getting a talented edge rusher with him on board. I don't particularly like all his red flags though.

I like the idea of getting Key and another edge type. Make him compete from day 1. A guy like Ejiofor, Obo, or Ostman would make every practice rep competitive.
Don't be shocked if this kid is a 49ers by the end of the night...just got a feeling.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Don't be shocked if this kid is a 49ers by the end of the night...just got a feeling.

I wouldn't mind it at all in the 3rd. Everybody is a risk in the 3rd. Not a single perfect prospect there.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I wouldn't mind it at all in the 3rd. Everybody is a risk in the 3rd. Not a single perfect prospect there.

I was thinking the same thing, trade up for Josh Jackson, take Arden Key and Deon Cain the 3rd and I'm a happy man !
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by okdkid:

I was thinking the same thing, trade up for Josh Jackson, take Arden Key and Deon Cain the 3rd and I'm a happy man !

Would be an incredible haul for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone