LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

2018 Draft QB Rankings

• JHill
  • Veteran
I will admit that when I was younger I was all about drafting the super athletic, mobile, duel threat QB but I have been burned to many times by these types of QB. Michael Vick, Vince Young, RG III, Johnny Manziel, Kaepernick, just to name a few.

I know stay away from those type of QB's that can make the reads and throw from the pocket. Thats why I'm so high on Rosen. I think his skill sets are perfect for a QB to excel in the NFL.

The one guy you cannot go anywhere near is Lamar Jackson imo.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Shalynch:
Originally posted by Dman11:
Rosen is undeniably the best quarterback in this upcoming draft. His only knock is that he's a smart ass which I think will be gone as soon as he gets into an NFL locker room. Best qb since Luck but that's just my opinion...

I would totally agree with you bud he is a complete QB NOT just in a gimmicky system

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves w/ this guy.

I dont think so the pro style offense he's been running and now with the new OC from the Harbaugh tree will only help him he has an advantage over the others.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Rosen is undeniably the best quarterback in this upcoming draft. His only knock is that he's a smart ass which I think will be gone as soon as he gets into an NFL locker room. Best qb since Luck but that's just my opinion...

I would totally agree with you bud he is a complete QB NOT just in a gimmicky system

I dont think so the pro style offense he's been running and now with the new OC from the Harbaugh tree will only help him he has an advantage over the others.

Oops; for some reason I thought the post was about Josh Allen. Yes, I totally agree about Rosen. He's the clear-cut, best QB in the draft at this point, IMO. Allen is intriguing, but 15 picks in 11 games makes me want to wait & see on him...

We'll see how he does this year but that's not something to take lightly. Teams will need to figure out if it's just a cockiness thing(not a bad thing) or a douche bag thing(bad thing)

Cockiness means someone who believes in himself and is competitive. Douche bag = someone who thinks he's entitled to things just because he's a top QB and someone who may not work as hard to get better...Ryan Leaf basically.
Originally posted by JHill:
I will admit that when I was younger I was all about drafting the super athletic, mobile, duel threat QB but I have been burned to many times by these types of QB. Michael Vick, Vince Young, RG III, Johnny Manziel, Kaepernick, just to name a few.

I know stay away from those type of QB's that can make the reads and throw from the pocket. Thats why I'm so high on Rosen. I think his skill sets are perfect for a QB to excel in the NFL.

The one guy you cannot go anywhere near is Lamar Jackson imo.

Lamar is an elite athlete who will play in the NFL. I doubt he plays QB in the NFL.
So of the QBs mentioned, how many run a pro set? How many play under center at least 50%?
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Oops; for some reason I thought the post was about Josh Allen. Yes, I totally agree about Rosen. He's the clear-cut, best QB in the draft at this point, IMO. Allen is intriguing, but 15 picks in 11 games makes me want to wait & see on him...

Our 2017 season should be frozen for Rosen. lol

If we can't land Cousins, as of right now, Rosen should be our target in the draft. This can change if he has a bad year.

Heck, I'd love to get Cousins AND Rosen. Compete for the playoffs in 2018 with Cousins. If Cousins can't win a Super Bowl by 2020 put Rosen in. After learning under Cousins for two seasons he'd have a very good shot at becoming a top NFL QB. If Cousins does get us to the super bowl and doesn't look like he's slowing down we could trade Rosen for a hefty price.

That's how you develop young guys. Like Rodgers under Favre, Young under Montana, Brady under Bledsoe etc.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817592/article/first-look-scouting-washington-state-qb-luke-falk
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mojave45:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817592/article/first-look-scouting-washington-state-qb-luke-falk

I was a big advocate of Falk this past off season until he decided to return to school.

But yes, I never got off the bandwagon. As of right now I don't think he's 1st round material with the QB's that could possibly declare. They may bump him down the board a lot IMO. but shoot I'd love to see Falk as a 49er, let him sit for a few years in Shanahan's system and while the teams molds into Shanahan's team then call him up.
I thought Falk would be a more likely pick for us when Chip Kelly was HC.

There are still a lot of traits to like in him but I'm not sure if Shanahan would pull the trigger on him since his arm isn't that great and he's from a spread offense. Kid is very smart and poised in the pocket but seems like Shanahan has a type and Falk doesn't fit it on first look.

I hope we see something in Falk, especially if we can't get cousins. I distrust spread offenses, but he really has nice accuracy and if I'm not mistaken, that's one of the key fundamentals of this West coast offense. But he would def need to sit, but his arm isn't noodle, just not cannon like.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mojave45:

I was a big advocate of Falk this past off season until he decided to return to school.

But yes, I never got off the bandwagon. As of right now I don't think he's 1st round material with the QB's that could possibly declare. They may bump him down the board a lot IMO. but shoot I'd love to see Falk as a 49er, let him sit for a few years in Shanahan's system and while the teams molds into Shanahan's team then call him up.

My thoughts exactly. If they let him have more control of the plays, and an article last fall from his coach indicates they will, and he improves his arm strength just a bit... He will move up in the draft. The article says he is diligently working on strength conditioning this off season. He is already known to be a film room fanatic, and a student of the game.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

There are still a lot of traits to like in him but I'm not sure if Shanahan would pull the trigger on him since his arm isn't that great and he's from a spread offense. Kid is very smart and poised in the pocket but seems like Shanahan has a type and Falk doesn't fit it on first look.

The only box he doesn't check is the system he ran. Every other box seems to be very very shanny like
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by genus49:

The only box he doesn't check is the system he ran. Every other box seems to be very very shanny like

Share 49ersWebzone