LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

2018 Draft QB Rankings

It will be interesting to see how the top QB's in the 2018 draft class jockey for position as the summer programs, games, bowl games, combine, and pre-draft workouts shapes the race.

As of 5-1-2017:
  1. Sam Darnold - USC - 6'4" 225 lb - (Top 5)
  2. Josh Rosen - UCLA - 6'4" 218 lb - (Top 5)
  3. Josh Allen - Wyoming - 6'5" 222 lb - (Top 10)
  4. Mason Rudolph - OK St. - 6'4" 230 lb - (1st round)
  5. Luke Falk - Wash St. - 6'4" 216 lb - (1st or 2nd round)
  6. Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - 6'1" 210 lb - (1st through 3rd round)
  7. Lamar Jackson - Louisville - 6'3" 205 lb - (1st through 3rd round)
  8. Wilton Speight - Michigan - 6'6" 243 lb - (1st through 3rd round)
  9. Max Browne - Pittsburgh - 6'5" 230 lb - (mid rounds)
  10. Justin Herbert - Oregon - 6'6" 215 lb - (mid rounds)
  11. Austin Allen - Arkansas - 6'1" 209 lb - (mid - late rounds)
  12. Mike White - Western KY - 6'4" 215 lb - (mid - late rounds)
  13. Brandon Silvers - Troy - 6'3" 614 lb - (mid - late rounds)
  14. Matt Linehan - Idaho - 6'3" 214 lb - (mid - late rounds)
  15. Logan Woodside - Toledo - 6'2" 201 lb - (mid - late rounds)
  16. JT Barrett - Ohio St. - 6'2" 222 lb - (late rounds)

Please comment with QB's that should be in this list. I expect this thread to be grow and change as we get closer to the 2018 draft.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on May 2, 2017 at 11:35 AM ]
Justin Herbert!
Gimme Josh Allen. I think he is the best of this group.
Rosen in the top 5 is a joke if Deshaun Watson went 12th, but then again Mitch Trubisky went 2nd so who knows.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Gimme Josh Allen. I think he is the best of this group.

Until he shows more in college you'd be drafting a guy all on potential and that is dangerous.

Completion percentage of 56%, 28 TDs to 15 INTs at a lower level of competition. No bueno.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Rosen in the top 5 is a joke if Deshaun Watson went 12th, but then again Mitch Trubisky went 2nd so who knows.

Here are some that haven't been mentioned.

Mason Rudolph-Oklahoma State. He's got prototypical NFL QB size at 6'4" and 230 pounds. His deep ball accuracy was among the best in college football. He ranked up near the top of the list in several QB categories.

Top passer rating vs Power-5 opponents
Baker Mayfield, OU, 108.9
Jake Browning, UW, 105.6
Mason Rudolph, OKST, 101.1
Sam Darnold, USC, 99.1

He's got the size, mobility, decent not great arm, accuracy and the guts to fire the ball into tight windows. He made the right decision in staying in school and could be someone that charges up the draft boards in 2018 if he continues his high level of play.

Max Browne-Pitt He could surprise some people after transferring from USC. Plenty of talent, he just hasn't been able to put together yet. A good year at Pitt would go a long ways towards resuscitating his draft status.

Matt Linehan-Idaho Son of the Cowboy's offensive coordinator and former NFL HC, he grew up around football with his dad having coached both at the college and NFL levels. Beat out Jake Luton and sent him off packing to Oregon State. Good size, solid arm and a quick release with good mobility and has been playing in pro-style offenses pretty much since high school. You can tell he has been well coached as his mechanics are consistently very good, shows better footwork and pocket movement than the vast majority of college QB's. Has shown improvement as a passer every single year at Idaho after coming out of nowhere. If he can show some improved touch and decision making, better deep ball accuracy, he could also move up the draft boards quite a bit.

Logan Woodside-Toledo. My favorite sleeper quarterback for 2018. Undersized but gutsy and can spray the ball all around the field with a high degree of accuracy. Just a very fun player to watch, caught my attention a lot when watching Kareem Hunt.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

It still hurts, damnit. I mean, I can't complain about how the first round went down for SF or Deshaun, but I've been dreaming the Deshaun dream for 3 years now.
Put falk on the list as well....and Lamar Jackson

I like Rosen out if the bunch but darnold is gonna be everyone's draft crush
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma and McSorley Penn State.
I'm glad the 49ers have 2 second and third round picks. We can get a Qb in the Second Round that would've been a 1st rounder this year.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I can tell you right now that Shanahan won't draft Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and John Browning. I actually doubt Shanahan takes a QB in round 1.
I like Beathard, want Cousins, and trust Shanahan..

But next year's QB's are fire🔥
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mason Rudolph-Oklahoma State. He's got prototypical NFL QB size at 6'4" and 230 pounds. His deep ball accuracy was among the best in college football. He ranked up near the top of the list in several QB categories.
Max Browne-Pitt He could surprise some people after transferring from USC. Plenty of talent, he just hasn't been able to put together yet. A good year at Pitt would go a long ways towards resuscitating his draft status.
Matt Linehan-Idaho Son of the Cowboy's offensive coordinator and former NFL HC, he grew up around football with his dad having coached both at the college and NFL levels. Beat out Jake Luton and sent him off packing to Oregon State. Good size, solid arm and a quick release with good mobility and has been playing in pro-style offenses pretty much since high school. You can tell he has been well coached as his mechanics are consistently very good, shows better footwork and pocket movement than the vast majority of college QB's. Has shown improvement as a passer every single year at Idaho after coming out of nowhere. If he can show some improved touch and decision making, better deep ball accuracy, he could also move up the draft boards quite a bit.
Logan Woodside-Toledo. My favorite sleeper quarterback for 2018. Undersized but gutsy and can spray the ball all around the field with a high degree of accuracy. Just a very fun player to watch, caught my attention a lot when watching Kareem Hunt.

Phoenix, you obviously have more knowledge about these guys than I do. How would you rate the four guys listed above with the four I have on the OP?
Not sure if Lamar Jackson will even e a QB at the next level. I would put Mason Rudolph in his place.
I think Rudolph is next in line after the big 3. Him coming back for his senior season will check off a lot of boxes for some coaches/scouts. I think he would've gone top 15 if he came out this year when it was all said and done.
Share 49ersWebzone