LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

QB Josh Rosen

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Shalynch:
The most complete QB IMO and ready to start day 1 the good thing about the 2018 draft is that is going to be loaded IMO

I would love for him to be a 49er

Agreed. And it's not even that close for me.

I would agree as of now he's my favorite of the bunch, but that could change lol
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Any update on his nerve damage in his throwing shoulder....? I've been looking around but haven't heard anything.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Any update on his nerve damage in his throwing shoulder....? I've been looking around but haven't heard anything.

I didn't realize he had that issue. That could be a game-changer.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

I didn't realize he had that issue. That could be a game-changer.

Ya, it was sad. Last year he almost collapsed out of pain attempting to throw a ball during warm-ups before a game... not good. Guy has talent... he was effective on a team that had "WRs" that would have trouble catching a handoff... I can only imagine how good he would look with one decent receiver.
[ Edited by Geeked on Jun 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM ]

Never hear anything about nerve damage? Last I heard in April that it was a soft tissue injury in his shoulder.

"They went in to diagnose what was wrong," he said. "They knew where something was messed up; they didn't know what it was. There were a few possibilities, they said before going in. Came out, said it was the best-case scenario."

What was found was soft tissue damage.

"It's like pulling a hamstring, almost, in the shoulder," Rosen said.

Did he fear something worse?

Rosen laughed. "Hell yeah," he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ucla-rosen-hernandez-20170404-story,amp.html

Sounds the injury gave him a new perspective on football which is a good thing cause he was a little d******d before lol.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000816466/article/first-look-scouting-ucla-qb-josh-rosen?campaign=tw-cf-sf90697051-sf90697051&sf90697051=1
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000816466/article/first-look-scouting-ucla-qb-josh-rosen?campaign=tw-cf-sf90697051-sf90697051&sf90697051=1

I agree with the majority of this analysis. His con's are similar to Darnald as both can be accused of forcing the ball. Darnold for some reason gets away with it more.... BUT that may have to do with another significant audit which has to be included in any comparison: UCLA's receivers DROP BALLS ALL THE TIME. I love seeing it against USC but seriously, Rosen is the best QB UCLA has had in a while... those WR's need to get their ish toghter NOW.
[ Edited by Geeked on Jun 20, 2017 at 2:03 PM ]

I agree with the majority of this analysis. His con's are similar to Darnald as both can be accused of forcing the ball. Darnold for some reason gets away with it more.... BUT that may have to do with another significant audit which has to be included in any comparison: UCLA's receivers DROP BALLS ALL THE TIME. I love seeing it against USC but seriously, Rosen is the best QB UCLA has had in a while... those WR's need to get their ish toghter NOW.

...or they can simply continue to ass up his game, and a smart evaluator (like Shanahan) can attribute the blame to his WRs and get him at a relative bargain.
bae
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

...or they can simply continue to ass up his game, and a smart evaluator (like Shanahan) can attribute the blame to his WRs and get him at a relative bargain.

You had to feel like a dick writing this...

You had to feel like a dick writing this...

I'm a dick. I own it. I just want a GREAT QB leading this team.
I'm a dick. I own it. I just want a GREAT QB leading this team.

Well, let's hope we can somehow land Darnold
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Honestly his biggest weakness might be the reported cockiness that everyone is talking about. I think scouts will give him the benefit of the doubt because UCLA doesn't really have much besides him.

Edit: didn't Kyle come off as cock in his interviews? He could see himself in Rosen.

Btw I call being the head of the Rosen bandwagon

I think cockiness is a desirable trait in a QB.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Honestly his biggest weakness might be the reported cockiness that everyone is talking about. I think scouts will give him the benefit of the doubt because UCLA doesn't really have much besides him.

Edit: didn't Kyle come off as cock in his interviews? He could see himself in Rosen.

Btw I call being the head of the Rosen bandwagon

I think cockiness is a desirable trait in a QB.

Within reason and it depends on the player. Jameis Winston's cockiness is a good thing. Deshone Kizer's declaration that he's a combination of the best parts of Tom Brady and Cam Newton is not. If your cockiness sets you apart from teammates or causes you not to prepare for the combine or study tape, that's a bad thing. Connor Cook is another guy whose cockiness rubbed me the wrong way. As long as Rosen's teammates still like him and allow him to be a leader, it's not an issue.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Within reason and it depends on the player. Jameis Winston's cockiness is a good thing. Deshone Kizer's declaration that he's a combination of the best parts of Tom Brady and Cam Newton is not. If your cockiness sets you apart from teammates or causes you not to prepare for the combine or study tape, that's a bad thing. Connor Cook is another guy whose cockiness rubbed me the wrong way. As long as Rosen's teammates still like him and allow him to be a leader, it's not an issue.

Winston is cocky. Where as Kizer is just delusional.
Share 49ersWebzone