LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Derwin "Pooh Bear" James S Florida State University

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

I 100% agree.

My second ranked player in the draft right behind Barkley, and i have a hard time not ranking him #1.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I'm surprised nobody is talking about James, but they are all over Minkah? Imo he's just as viable if not more of a fit for us. He could easily be drafted ahead of us.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I'm surprised nobody is talking about James, but they are all over Minkah? Imo he's just as viable if not more of a fit for us. He could easily be drafted ahead of us.

He would certainly be my choice.

However, its highly likely he goes to Tampa, unless chubb/barkley/Nelson etc end up the pick. But most are penciling in James to Tampa.

I would draft James in a heartbeat over Minkah though, and plug him in as Tartts replacement day 1. Replacing Tartt makes much more sence then replaceing Colbert. Tartt only has one year left on his contract.

I love me some James though. He is my second rated player in the entire draft.

People are also putting a lot of stock into visits, based on the draft last year. I dont believe the formally visited with James.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 25, 2018 at 7:18 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

However, its highly likely he goes to Tampa, unless chubb/barkley/Nelson etc end up the pick. But most are penciling in James to Tampa.

I would draft James in a heartbeat over Minkah though, and plug him in as Tartts replacement day 1. Replacing Tartt makes much more sence then replaceing Colbert. Tartt only has one year left on his contract.

People are also putting a lot of stock into visits, based on the draft last year. I dont believe the formally visited with James.

I like Tartt and I still agree with you. He's very fun to watch. I see him penciled to Tampa a ton. Has it been reported they covet him?

I like Tartt and I still agree with you. He's very fun to watch. I see him penciled to Tampa a ton. Has it been reported they covet him?

Florida connection, and they need a S bigtime.

Derwin seems pretty confident Tampa will take him at 7 as well, going on record saying teams like the Cowboys that might want him, better come up and get him before 7. IMO he is the best defensive player in this draft. Period.
Deep down inside, if we dont trade back and roquon is gone, I'll be crossing my fingers for james, and yes, I want to resign tartt.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 25, 2018 at 8:05 PM ]
I'm hoping this dude ends up a niner somehow.
My surprise pick the Ronny Lott we need

The Chargers have a scary good secondary. best in the NFL IMO.
The Chargers have a scary good secondary. best in the NFL IMO.

Yup. Gonna be the top ranked pass defense without a doubt and win the AFC West. Mahomes, Keenum and Carr twice a year. They gonna eat with Bosa and Ingram forcing passes. Man that's a nice looking team on paper.
According to Lynch the 3 guys who impressed him the most were Mike, Deriwn, and Sony.

No doubt if McGlinchey was picked before us we wouldve traded down for derwin.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
According to Lynch the 3 guys who impressed him the most were Mike, Deriwn, and Sony.

Imo he is the one we should have drafted. He was bpa with Smith gone.

I believe he would have been a way bigger upgrade over Tartt compared to Glinch over Brown - and I like Tartt.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Well, cant knock lynch too much i guess. I like the MM pick, and Glad to see they atleast considered Derwin, as IMO he was the #2 talent in this draft right behind Barkley. If he didnt have the injury, i would likely have him #1.
Share 49ersWebzone