LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

C.J. Beathard QB Iowa

A scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that "he'll end up being one of the best backup quarterbacks in the league"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804483/article/niners-add-iowa-qb-cj-beathard-at-no-104-pick%3FnetworkId%3D4595%26site%3D.news%26zone%3Dstory%26zoneUrl%3Durl%253Dstory%26zoneKeys%3Ds1%253Dstory%26env%3D%26pageKeyValues%3Dprtnr%253Daround-the-league%253Bteam%253Dsf%253Bconf%253Dnfc%253Bdvsn%253Dncw%253Bplyr%253Dkirk_cousins%253Bplyr%253Dbrian_hoyer%253Bplyr%253Dmatthew_barkley%26p.ct%3DAround%2Bthe%2BNFL%26p.adsm%3Dfalse%26p.tcm%3D%2523fff%26p.bgc1m%3D%25230964bf%26p.bgc2m%3D%2523053a74%26sr%3Damp
Originally posted by Heroism:
Someone on this forum had him in their mock lol.

I sure did...in the 6th though. LOL

Pro-style QB...
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Shanahan knows a tad more about QB's than anyone posting in this forum...Beathard played in a pro-style offense at Iowa and arguably could've put up bigger numbers last season were it not for injuries to him and his receivers. The Niners haven't developed a QB in a long time...my guess is he's a guy Shanahan likes and he'll coach him up.

Bingo.
What does Kyle like to do? Play action.

I just watched five minute reel on this kid and it was a bunch of under center snaps and passes off play action. Accurate rolling out. Good footwork. Probably a smart kid and coach-able. Why the panic?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:

Alex Smith Reincarnated? His play style looks a lot like Alex.

You are right. Oh crap.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
dafuq! is that Kelly from the Bad news bears?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rascal:

You are right. Oh crap.

gotta see some roll right throw out of bounds to confirm or deny
Originally posted by NCommand:
I sure did...in the 6th though. LOL

Pro-style QB...

Someone else had him as their feature QB a little bit earlier.

We have a visionary on our boards.
Originally posted by midrdan:

I just watched five minute reel on this kid and it was a bunch of under center snaps and passes off play action. Accurate rolling out. Good footwork. Probably a smart kid and coach-able. Why the panic?

Noodle Arm

Originally posted by jcs:

ok a small sample,his arm does have some strength
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rascal:

You are right. Oh crap.

I see what you are seeing but still think CJ is a tad more decisive.
Oh well. Seems like a reach but what do I know. I would feel better about him being Kyle's​ guy if they would have had some communication but doesn't sound like he had a clue we were interested.

At least the defense is looking better. We could be pretty solid on that side of that ball compared to last year.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Developmental pick, we get our guy next year.. This season is all about establishing our D
This.

Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by midrdan:

Noodle Arm

I think the fact we took him in the third has a lot to do with it as well.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
He makes Nathan Peterman look like Joe Montana.....
Share 49ersWebzone