There are 245 users in the forums

C.J. Beathard QB Iowa

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
So we took him and not Petermen

And obviously not Davis Webb neither.

It was fxxked up to the tilt alright!!
I tell you what!! I didn't know jack sh!t about this guy until we picked him up. But, after watching some films on him just now, I came away very impressed with this kid. He could be the sleeper for this draft overall. He's not the high profile prospect that everyone was looking for but he has some very impressive tools that fits Shanahan's system perfectly. A natural thrower with great zip on his balls, goes through his progressions, deep ball accuracy, great swing balls to RBs and WRs screens, got a good feel for the pocket, quick release are only some of the things I was able to picked up from this kid. He could be something and I will trust Shanahan's evaluation on this kid. I know some will say that we could've had him on the 4th or 5th but you never know what's going on in those draft rooms, so why take the risk of losing your guy, if he's your guy go get him. Some other team might have picked him up before you get to pick. Only time will tell though but I'll trust Shanahan and Lynch on this one guys.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
So we took him and not Petermen

x2
He gets 3 years to show something before we cut him and draft another mid round backup.

If this is the crappiest pick for us I can live with it.
I think Shanahan knows a tad more about QB's than anyone posting in this forum...Beathard played in a pro-style offense at Iowa and arguably could've put up bigger numbers last season were it not for injuries to him and his receivers. The Niners haven't developed a QB in a long time...my guess is he's a guy Shanahan likes and he'll coach him up.
Very meh
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Hmm, I wonder whether Beathard or Jeff Driskel is better?
He does have a pretty good skill set to work with. He may surprise the hell out of us and pull a stunt like Wilson did his rookie year.

You gotta remember he plays in a pretty tough division and def doesn't have anywhere near the talent level those other schools do and still did a good job.

Him and shanahan may be a feared duo in the next couple years as we build up our team and keep Gavin monster drafts like this year.
I hope beathard proves the doubters wrong. This includes me.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I tell you what!! I didn't know jack sh!t about this guy until we picked him up. But, after watching some films on him just now, I came away very impressed with this kid. He could be the sleeper for this draft overall. He's not the high profile prospect that everyone was looking for but he has some very impressive tools that fits Shanahan's system perfectly. A natural thrower with great zip on his balls, goes through his progressions, deep ball accuracy, great swing balls to RBs and WRs screens, got a good feel for the pocket, quick release are only some of the things I was able to picked up from this kid. He could be something and I will trust Shanahan's evaluation on this kid. I know some will say that we could've had him on the 4th or 5th but you never know what's going on in those draft rooms, so why take the risk of losing your guy, if he's your guy go get him. Some other team might have picked him up before you get to pick. Only time will tell though but I'll trust Shanahan and Lynch on this one guys.

I`m not seeing it,I`m from Illinois and I watch a LOT of Big 10 games, and this guy is NOTHING special,I think the New tandem just had their first big hiccup!
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Apr 28, 2017 at 9:43 PM ]

Someone on this forum had him in their mock lol.
  • THEB
  • Veteran

Alex Smith Reincarnated? His play style looks a lot like Alex.
Developmental pick, we get our guy next year.. This season is all about establishing our D
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Shanahan knows a tad more about QB's than anyone posting in this forum...Beathard played in a pro-style offense at Iowa and arguably could've put up bigger numbers last season were it not for injuries to him and his receivers. The Niners haven't developed a QB in a long time...my guess is he's a guy Shanahan likes and he'll coach him up.

Dude country and I watched this dude for 2 years and He shows Nothing and I mean nothing special,I just don`t get this wasted pick at all,after hitting a home-run in round 1,the brain trust just popped-out,just a bad pick ,now they won`t pick again until the very end of round 4 with just 1 freaking pick uggh!
Share 49ersWebzone