LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Snap poll: Grade for trade with Saints

Snap poll: Grade for trade with Saints

• titan
  • Veteran
I hope the Saints choke it up next year. As of right now it's a C in my book. Kamara would've been an awesome addition to our team and could've probably compete for a starting position. Next year would tell the real grade on this trade. If Saints and Kamara suck it up this could easily be an A.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wanted to think for a while before I give my opinion on this trade..

giving up this early 3rd for next year's 2nd basically means that Lynch did not see any other player out there worth picking in the 3rd round...

unless he's got a plan on packaging Armstead, Jaws and picks including this 2nd to the Pats for Grappolo, I must say that it's a C move..
This will end up being a pick in the mid 2nd, New Orleans is NOT making the playoffs.
We could package this and another pick to move up in the first round next year. What don't people like about this? We could be looking at two first rounders next year. Plus the Saints could have injuries and do worse than you think also. This is an excellent trade.
Originally posted by titan:
I hope the Saints choke it up next year. As of right now it's a C in my book. Kamara would've been an awesome addition to our team and could've probably compete for a starting position. Next year would tell the real grade on this trade. If Saints and Kamara suck it up this could easily be an A.

Saints have Ingram and AP. Kamara will be lucky to get touches.
Don't mind trading the pick. The general rule for GM's is a pick a year later is worth 1 round less. We traded the third pick in the third round so we should get an early 2nd rounder for it and the Saints will probably be drafting mid round or worse. We should have gotten an added pick and not a 7th rounder. Perhaps a 2018 5th rounder or 2019 4th or 5th rounder Grade this pick a C minus. Not the worst thing that could happen because it does give us firepower for next years draft with an extra 2nd and an extra 3rd.

Grade the 1st two trades A plus. Getting Thomas anyway with three bonus picks was great. Moving up and getting Foster and giving up the worst of those 3 bonus picks was great. Two top level players at positions of need. Not yet sold on Witherspoon. Hope for the best with him.
Tampa is looking legit. Carolina will rebound. And Atlanta was just in the super bowl. Should be a good pick
Share 49ersWebzone