LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Snap poll: Grade for trade with Saints

Snap poll: Grade for trade with Saints

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kinda meh on it. Saints have improved their roster and could have a better record next year, meaning the 49ers traded away an early 3rd rounder for a potential late 2nd rounder in a year. Not much upside but it does seem like they are trying to acquire chips for next year, maybe ammo for a moveup for a QB?

I'll give it a B as I am assuming that they have a plan for how they will use that pick next year, whether in a tradeup or just to have more picks to load up the offense.

Technically everyone has improved their roster this time of year lol. This is a good trade. They know next year will be tough. I've been saying we need two good drafts in a row and then we'll be in business.
It's fine. Should of gotten more for it, if the saints are good it could end up being a D or F trade
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Technically everyone has improved their roster this time of year lol. This is a good trade. They know next year will be tough. I've been saying we need two good drafts in a row and then we'll be in business.

They traded the third pick of the 3rd round for a future 2nd. Lets say the Saints have a good year and wind up picking 26th in the 2nd round. Not really a great trade to wait a year to move up 8 spots.

I would have liked to have seen them get back something more this year than just a 7th rounder.

If they use the pick in a tradeup for a QB, then it was a good deal for them, only time will tell.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2017 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They traded the third pick of the 3rd round for a future 2nd. Lets say the Saints have a good year and wind up picking 26th in the 2nd round. Not really a great trade to wait a year to move up 8 spots.

I would have liked to have seen them get back something more this year than just a 7th rounder.

If they use the pick in a tradeup for a QB, then it was a good deal for them, only time will tell.

Of course Brees could get hurt and you are sitting at 35.

Saints have a lot of running backs now with little else.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 28, 2017 at 8:11 PM ]
Las Vegas odds to win the super bowl 2017....Saints are 9 worst that is a 41 pick next year.....hell of a trade (between 35 and 47) for a 3rd this year, sign me up
Not a huge fan of this one, would've liked to get something better this year but I'm sure we're building ammo for a potential trade up next year for a QB.
Wish we culda got a 5th or 6th this year but I'm down with it. Now I can cheer for the Saints to suck.
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Wish we culda got a 5th or 6th this year but I'm down with it. Now I can cheer for the Saints to suck.

And the Bears
I'm not sure why people are complaining about this trade? We got a 2nd rd. Pick it's not like we gave our 3rd pick for free. Believe me on next years draft your gonna love that we got two 2nd round. People need to be patient this is a rebuilding process we're not competing for the playoffs this season.
would have loved to use that pick , we need talent to compete ..but I admit that pick next year will come in handy

Amazing trade. Not enough As available
I would have taken Karma or Kupp but I have a feeling this will end up being a top 45, if not top 40 pick next year so let's grade it next year.
Ammo to trade for Cousins
Our 3rd being so high makes this a head scratcher. The 7th doesn't mean much. To me we shoulda got a 4th or 5th this year and the 2nd next. Seems like they reached on this trade. Kamara, Willis, rivers, would have had us all pretty excited. I'm of the opinion this draft was loaded and keeping or acquiring 2nd and 3rd rounders was the goal. Loading up capital to trade up is a strategy, but I'm not certain we won this trade.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Ammo to trade for Cousins

Get Cousins for free or forget it. How many times are they going to franchise him in a row?
Share 49ersWebzone