LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

Snap poll: Grade for trade with Saints

Snap poll: Grade for trade with Saints

Originally posted by Draftology:
I love it. If we don't get Cousins or Garappolo in FA we'll have to find our QB of the future in the draft. Getting the extra capital could be the difference between getting our franchise QB or not.

This all the way.

Yeah, there were some quality RBs and TEs especially. But those positions are easier to get in FA or develop late round picks. Next year should be a better QB class. I expect we will be picking in the 10-20 range next year. To get a top QB prospect will require some serious draft capital from those spots.
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Should of taken Kamara. F+

He is trouble waiting to happen. Lasted to the third because of concerns. Right now we can't take that chance.

What sort of trouble?

Twice suspended when he was with Alabama, arrested for driving without a license. Also, healthy now, but had prior knee injury history. Don't know what the combine medicals showed though.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Right, but we traded the 3rd pick of the 3rd round -- that's really high up. If the Saints (somehow) are really good, we might only move up like 6-7 spots. That's not a huge gain. There's value in knowing what players are on the board when you pick. The 49ers knew what players they had available, they have no idea what players will be there next year.

Now, on the other hand, if the Saints do poorly next year, we could move up like 20+ spots. It's just really hard to judge the trade right now.

Basically what I was thinking.

Think of it like this: for moving down from #2 to #3 overall and still get the guy we wanted, we got a 2017 4th, a 2018 3rd and a 2018 2nd. And we turned our 2017 2nd to a late-1st with the 2017 4th to get the other guy we really wanted. So from an overall perspective, that's very good. How good it is will depend how good the Bears and Saints are next year.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Apr 28, 2017 at 8:04 PM ]
  • thl408
I voted B for more Bricks.
Don't like the value, 3rd pick in the 3rd for a 2nd next year, should have been a 5th this year.

If you trade for a future pick you are suppose to get at least 1 round higher, they will be lucky to get that.
Think back to when Lynch & Shanahan began working together...they cautioned fans to be patient...they've done a lot to improve the team, but it won't all happen in their first year. JL has built a heckuva start to next year's draft...appreciate it for what it is. There are still a ton of quality RB's available...don't get hung up on one player, thinking he's the best. Lots of fish in the RB pool this year. Think big picture.
We got a 2nd round pick for trading a 3rd round pick. What is not to like about this? It is a great trade.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
INC

Ask me next year.

My answer until then: Bad Deal. The amount of talent sitting there at 67 was rediculous.

Pretty much my thinking.
Kinda meh on it. Saints have improved their roster and could have a better record next year, meaning the 49ers traded away an early 3rd rounder for a potential late 2nd rounder in a year. Not much upside but it does seem like they are trying to acquire chips for next year, maybe ammo for a moveup for a QB?

I'll give it a B as I am assuming that they have a plan for how they will use that pick next year, whether in a tradeup or just to have more picks to load up the offense.
We could have had Dan Feeney, an absolute beast o line man... i get why we did it.. but for right now, hell yeah I'm bitter...

That's an A++++ Trade, getting a 2018 2nd, no matter what pick number it is, is huge, we have our own 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, NO 2nd, CHI 3rd, and KC 7th in 2018.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
That's an A++++ Trade, getting a 2018 2nd, no matter what pick number it is, is huge, we have our own 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, NO 2nd, CHI 3rd, and KC 7th in 2018.

KC 7th?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Don't like the value, 3rd pick in the 3rd for a 2nd next year, should have been a 5th this year.

If you trade for a future pick you are suppose to get at least 1 round higher, they will be lucky to get that.

yea had we got a 5th back this year instead fo the 7th then no brainer great trade but....
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

yea had we got a 5th back this year instead fo the 7th then no brainer great trade but....

We can easily trade that 2nd rounder next year to get back into the 1st round!!!!
Time to start buying Drew Bree's VooDoo dolls.
Share 49ersWebzone