There are 353 users in the forums

Which QB do you want (post first round discussion)

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I still like Kizer's upside, and apparently I'm on an island with that. Also like Davis Webb's upside...

💩
I still like Kizer's upside, and apparently I'm on an island with that. Also like Davis Webb's upside...

I'm with you
I'm all in on Peterman in the 3rd. He fits the mold of what we want, and QBs are always a risk, so it's worth taking a shot and hoping we strike gold.

The comparisons I've seen are to guys like Derek Carr and Kirk Cousins who were also not top picks. Also, we can still go after Cousins next year, and let Peterman develop over time. Or if for some reason Peterman pulls a Dak, than we don't even have to go after Cousins.

I'm all in on Peterman with one of our 3rd rounders, and then the best offensive weapon on the board. Hoping a guy like Kamara or Juju falls. If not, there will likely be some top DBs still on the board. There is enough depth at the CB / FS position that we could probably even wait until the 4th to fill that hole.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

💩

Ya, I was thinking the Niners might trade back into the first for him and you definitely didn't like that idea. I honestly didn't think Foster would be there...
Chad Kelley in the 5th.I think Peterman goes in the 2nd.
[ Edited by Southpaw79 on Apr 28, 2017 at 10:03 AM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Nobody now because what is the point? You already blew your chance.

Just tank for Darnold next year and roll with Hoyer. Peterman is just a backup. Get some real talent in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by Force_Choke:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Nobody now because what is the point? You already blew your chance.

Just tank for Darnold next year and roll with Hoyer. Peterman is just a backup. Get some real talent in the 3rd round.

YAHTZEE- man, if they draft Dobbs from UT I will commit murder. SOMETHING IS GONNA DIE! Cam Sutton is going to bust out also since I'm on the UT topic.

and people are so certain because they passed on Montana, Brady, Dak..etc. Montana was a skinny kid as was Brady. Not saying Peterman is it, but no one can be certain unless Kyle and Lynch pull the trigger and develop him or whoever.

I don't respect any athlete or team that tanks for a draft choice, because if they do, it means they don't have pride and they don't love the game or the team and when it comes time to win the big ones they can't or won't because they are quiters. Anybody that has played sports from high school on up knows what I mean, only arm chairs talk like that...

You fail to realize that people playing sports in high school, college, Pop Warner, etc. all play for the fun and love of the game. The NFL is a business, like it or not. If tanking some games benefits the team in the long term, they will consider it no matter how you feel or what they say on camera about it. Nobody will come out and admit it, but every team would consider it. Example: if we had tanked the 2nd game against the Rams last year, we would have had Myles Garrett and still could have executed the trade to get Foster (using our own 4th instead of Chicago's). We would be out the extra 3rds, but Garrett is worth it. If you're of the thinking that we should take multiple picks over Garrett, remember the 1st overall pick is worth more than the 2nd and our haul likely would have netted more than we got in a trade down. I don't think the Browns really considered trade offers for their 1st since they had another pick 11 spots later and knew Garrett was worth staying put. It would have benefited us to lose that game. As a matter of fact, once you're eliminated from playoff contention, winning games does nothing good for you. Don't bother with the morale and psyche arguments, either. These guys are grown ass men making millions. They don't need the ego boost of a meaningless win that they'll completely forget about when the following season begins.

Bottom line: you should always TRY to win, at least at first. But when it's clear your team sucks and has no chance at the playoffs, a win is no longer beneficial. Like it or not.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Apr 28, 2017 at 10:08 AM ]
Peterman- Pitt
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Apr 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM ]

I agree with you on Kizer. Worth the gamble for his upside. If he keep sliding into the late second I'd be into them trading up for him. Especially if they keep one of their 3rd round picks.

Otherwise I think I'd spend a 3rd on Peterman. Seems like best fit for us.

I am not in love with any of these guys, but QB is too important to not draft someone. If I were GM I would make sure I got one of Kizer, Peterman, Webb, Kaaya, Dobbs.
Everyone hyped on Sam Darnold next year like everyone was hyped for Jared Goff last year and Deshaun Watson this year.

Funny s**t

Come draft time we'll get people saying "Nah he's not that good. 3rd round pick at best."
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Everyone hyped on Sam Darnold next year like everyone was hyped for Jared Goff last year and Deshaun Watson this year.

Funny s**t

Come draft time we'll get people saying "Nah he's not that good. 3rd round pick at best."

And then say, "next year's QBs are way better, we should wait"

Who is a viable 3rd string qb that kyle can develop? Peterman? Thats where we are at. Hoyer is the man this season. Im cool with that.
That prospect from Michigan St.

Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Chad Kelley in the 5th.I think Peterman goes in the 2nd.

I'm with you. Get him before Buffalo selects him.
Ya, I was thinking the Niners might trade back into the first for him and you definitely didn't like that idea. I honestly didn't think Foster would be there...

You draft a qb that early you're pot committed...and I don't want that wit kizer. I tried really hard to get on the bandwagon but after watching most of his games this yr I just couldn't do it...zero consistency & poor accuracy. He seems bright but he's reported to have some real character flags. I'm not wasting a top 100 pick on that with all the help we need.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
That prospect from Michigan St.

Yeah buddy!
Share 49ersWebzone