There are 195 users in the forums

MadDog49er 2017 NFL Draft Best Board Top 50 Draft Day Edition

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Whos your top 7 players? Im thinking Alvin Kamara should be up there on our board.

I have us taking him.
Blair Brown and Carl Lawson the last of the best board available. Got a feeling Lawson goes pretty quick today.
Thought they were gonna take alvin Kamara also. Smh he is a player maker. Guess we really are gonna keep Hightower and Harris.
Maddog you son of a b***h. Appreciate the work once again, always glad to have you around.

>>> Mayock, Kiper, McShay
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is draft day, and let's have some fun. I will be on the board for much of the draft the next three days throwing in my humble opinion about each selection. Very excited about the potential for the team to rebuild this roster. Here is my final best board, and some notes to go with it.

First, I have removed two players completely off my top 50 board. Although the talent and film is sparkling for both Reuben Foster and Gareon Conley, you will not see them listed. Both would be top 10 on my board. Conley's circumstances are rare in being so close to the draft. It will be nearly impossible for teams to get all the information and make a judgment on his guilt or innocence. As for Foster, he simply doesn't get it. He has a 7-year child, but gets kicked out of the combine for yelling at a hospital employee (nobody else seemed to throw a tantrum at the hospital). has a diluted urine sample, is self-admittedly white-board challenged, and scored a low Wonderlic score. Middle linebackers are usually the team captain on defense. Not for me. I first moved him to OLB, then simply off it. Too many other good players to have than wasting energy on this guy who is clearly clueless.

LOL

I'm glad you're not in charge.

Show me any one that IS in charge that has not messed up an evaluation.
Any ideas who we'll target in the UDFA??
Resetting the board for Day Two. Picks a long way down the road at 66 and 67.

2017 NFL Draft Best Board
Player Team Position Grade Positional Ranking
3 Forrest Lamp Western Kentucky G 1 1 -- went 38th
14 Zach Cunningham Vanderbilt ILB 1 2 -- went 57th
19 Kevin King Washington CB 1 2 -- went 33rd
21 Zay Jones East Carolina WR 2 4 -- went 37th
22 Cooper Kupp Eastern Washington WR 2 5 -- went 69th
23 Blair Brown Ohio ILB 2 3 -- went 148th
24 Tarell Basham Ohio Edge 2 5 -- went 80th
25 Obi Melifonwu Connecticut SS 2 2 -- went 56th
27 Jordan Willis Kansas St Edge 2 6 -- went 73rd
29 Chidobe Awuzie Colorado CB 2 4 -- went 60th
30 Ahkello Witherspoon Colorado CB 2 5 -- went 66th
31 Marcus Maye Florida FS 2 2 -- went 39th
32 Alvin Kamara Tennessee RB 2 2 -- went 67th
33 Kareem Hunt Toledo RB 2 3 -- went 86th
35 Cam Robinson Alabama G 2 2 -- went 34th
36 Carl Lawson Auburn Edge 2 7 -- went 116th
37 Sidney Jones Washington CB 2 6 -- went 43rd
38 Budda Baker Washington SS 2 3 -- went 36th
40 Taylor Moton Western Michigan OT 2 3 -- went 64th
41 Dion Dawkins Temple G 2 3 -- went 63rd
42 Malik McDowell Michigan St DT 2 2 -- went 35th
43 Chris Wormley Michigan DT 2 3 -- went 74th
46 Marcus Williams Utah FS 2 3 -- went 42nd
48 Joe Mixon Oklahoma RB 2 5 -- went 48th
49 Dalvin Tomlinson Alabama DT 2 4 -- went 55th

My guess is that Kupp and Brown would be the best on my board when the picks come around in the early third

Looks like you bombed the top of your list
Originally posted by YungAce:
Maddog you son of a b***h. Appreciate the work once again, always glad to have you around.

>>> Mayock, Kiper, McShay

Thanks for being alongside for the journey. It was a good ride this year
Is there a reason you excluded Foster but included Mixon?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

That is a great question. Leave off a guy who had a diluted sample and yelled at a hospital worked but keep on a guy who punched a woman in the face. Ridiculous

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

That is a great question. Leave off a guy who had a diluted sample and yelled at a hospital worked but keep on a guy who punched a woman in the face. Ridiculous

The severity of what mixon did cannot be downplayed. It also took place three years ago in a heat of the moment situation . I tend to believe that this is not a pattern of behavior because there has not been any more reports of domestic violence from him since that moment . In the case of foster having a deluded sample was a bad choice at a really critical time and it also took place only weeks ago. It showed a tremendous lack of maturity and when you double that with the flare up at the hospital it shows a guy who simply doesn't get it at this point . Will he get it in the future maybe . But you're investing in a first round pick with the guy who is accumulating red flags and for me that's too rich for a first round pick .
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 30, 2017 at 2:41 PM ]
The severity of what mixon did cannot be downplayed. It also took place three years ago in a heat of the moment situation . I tend to believe that this is not a pattern of behavior because there has not been any more reports of domestic violence from him since that moment . In the case of foster having a deluded sample was a bad choice at a really critical time and it also took place only weeks ago. It showed a tremendous lack of maturity and when you double that with the flare up at the hospital it shows a guy who simply doesn't get it at this point . Will he get it in the future maybe . But you're investing in a first round pick with the guy who is accumulating red flags and for me that's too rich for a first round pick .
I'm Surely not the only person who believes the statements above to be true about foster. Top prospects who fall down to the end of the first round obviously have issues that have scared some teams away from picking him add a spot that he should easily go
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I dont care when they took place to be honest. One player showed a couple of bad decisions. The other player is a criminal who brutally struck a woman. Mixon would never be on my team. Foster may need to grow up but his actions certainly did not warrant taking him of any list in my opinion.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by All22:
And the mass-overrating of Soloman Thomas continues... he'll be the NFL's Sam Bowie or Darko Milicic.

Ever think when more people than you think a certain way then maybe you're the one wrong?

Nah...that can't be right?

nah, can't be
I'm Surely not the only person who believes the statements above to be true about foster. Top prospects who fall down to the end of the first round obviously have issues that have scared some teams away from picking him add a spot that he should easily go

Dead on accurate about Foster and Mixon.
Share 49ersWebzone