LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Who do you absolutely not want to see be the 49ers pick in the 1st round?

So... Who is it?

For me, it's Jonathan Allen because of the injury worries, and Leonard Fournette because I believe in Hyde and the draft is loaded at RB
Allen is super safe, so he wouldn't be my pick for this.

Id say Fournette, Mike Williams, or Barnett.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No Adams for me. I don't want to waste the #2 pick on a safety.
Adams
Hooker and Allen because of injuries
Alex Smith
Originally posted by mayo49:

Safety is the most important part of our new defensive scheme...

BTW, you realize who is making this pick, right?
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 27, 2017 at 12:50 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

So is an rushing OLB, QB and RB. And yes, Lynch the former safety is making the pick.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Fournette, A RB at 2 who isn't a scheme fit and seems suited to a contender than a rebuild - no thanks.

At least with Adams you get the safest pick in the draft and a total leader - not the worst way to change a culture.

So is an rushing OLB, QB and RB. And yes, Lynch the former safety is making the pick.

In this new system Safety is the linchpin. Take away Seattle's Safeties and their D falls apart. Myles Garrett is a talent you cant pass on, but I think Safety is going to be the building block of this new D.

Shanahan went shopping in free agency, and can elevate the offense with his expertise. The D needs more help, being the weaker side of the ball, and having a rookie DC. I think the draft is D heavy.
Allen is super safe, so he wouldn't be my pick for this.

Id say Fournette, Mike Williams, or Barnett.

I am okay with Barnett, he produced consistently over a three year period and did it in a tough conference. Not to mention he broke Reggie White's record. Also he is not one dimensional as he can set the edge against the run. He will make Buckner better and help the pass defense.

My absolute is Mitch T, or any QB if we are in the top 12 picks. I don't mind Fournette, but we have hyde and get a change of pace or another type of rb latter not ot mention having RB coach that has produced top backs out of later picks. Mike Williams would be a bigger Boldin, but I would like a wr that can separate more from a DB.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Jamal Adams. If you're going to take a safety atleast select the best cover safety and that's Malik Hooker.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Thomas. He's just as redundant as Fournette but he's also a bad fit/undersized for every position along the line except the one that Buckner plays.

There are better inside guys (Allen and McDowell) and better outside rushers (Watt, Willis, Barnett etc). I just don't see a reason to pick him at 2 unless you're 150% sure Armstead is an AJ Jenkins-level bust.
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 27, 2017 at 1:58 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All22:
Thomas. He's just as redundant as Fournette but he's also a bad fit/undersized for every position along the line except the one that Buckner plays.

Yeah, I agree - Thomas was always a bad fit.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well alot of the guys being mocked are great players so I wouldn't say I absolutely don't want any of them but....

I think we're fine at DT. This draft is semi-deep at FS. We have no need at SS (yes Adams would be a HUGE upgrade but.) This class is super deep at CB. It's been proven over years ZBS can make any RB look good.

So those positions early would leave a On my face. With yhe exception of MCc since he's more of a WR.

I'm basically in the EDGE, WR, MIKE/WILL camp

No pass rush is the most important part to any defensive scheme...and it would be corny as s**t if our retired SS turned first yr GM drafted basically himself.
Share 49ersWebzone